New Financial Services market report from MarketLine: "Tax Planning - the Good, the Bad and the Ugly"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/11/2014 -- Outrage in the press can cause confusion about the process of tax planning. The nuanced relationship between the spirit and the letter of the law, and wider issues such as the conflict between disparate national tax systems and competitive international trade are therefore often missed. This report gives detailed examples of tax planning involving both multinationals and private individuals.
Features and benefits
- This report analyses taxation in the context of international trade, international law and international business.
- A review is made of multinational tax planning arrangements, providing an explanation of the major issues of Base Erosion and Profit Shifting.
- Specific examples of corporate and individual tax planning arrangements are given, from a UK perspective.
- An analysis of the spirit and the letter of the law is included to provide further context in relation to tax planning arrangements.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
International tax treaties have not kept pace with developments in national tax laws. An unintended consequence of the free movement of capital and labor, giving rise to multinational corporations, has been the ability to take advantage of this lack of coherence in national legal systems.
Ugland House, a single building in the Cayman Islands, is the registered office for nearly 19,000 corporations. This type of concentration is likely to change once the OECD makes its final recommendations about changes to international tax law.
Tax planning sits on a complex continuum running from the simple application of commonly known reliefs such as the creation of a tax free savings account, all the way to the creation of multiple entities across numerous borders to carry out a particular transaction.
Your key questions answered
- Why have issues around the tax planning arrangements of multinational corporations arisen?
- How is tax planning carried out?
- How does the nature of tax law affect companies and individuals?
- What changes can be expected in terms of the way companies operate with respect to their tax arrangements?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Financial Services research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Pre-Paid Cards in Colombia
- Credit Cards in Colombia
- ATM Cards in Colombia
- Debit Cards in Colombia
- Store Cards in Colombia
- Eaton Vance Tax-Managed Buy-Write Income (ETB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Good Harbor Partners Acquisition Corp. (GHBAU) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Janus Capital Group Inc. (JNS) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Insight Report: Mobile Entrepreneurs
- 2020 Foresight Report: No Safe Havens - Changes in Offshore Private Banking