Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/24/2014 -- Tea posted sluggish growth in 2013. The main reason for this drop in demand was the shift from traditional drinks to modern and easy-to-use drinks. There was greater demand for instant drinks, especially coffee, due to a wider variety of products and changing preferences. This affected both volume and value sales of tea.
Boh Plantations Sdn Bhd was the leader in 2013 with a 35% value share. This is a domestic player which tends to instil a sense of ethnocentrism amongst Malaysians.
Although the outlook for the category is not very optimistic in 2014, in the forecast period it is likely to remain positive. The urbanisation in the Malaysian culture is influencing the preference of hot drinks. With constant efforts from the producers, more innovative products are likely to be created which will result in demand and some growth in tea over the forecast period.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Tea industry in Malaysia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Tea industry in Malaysia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Tea in Malaysia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions suchas:
- What is the market size of Tea in Malaysia?
- What are the major brands in Malaysia?
- Is loose leaf tea available in Malaysia?
- Is there a shift from unpackaged to packaged tea in Malaysia?
- Is there a market for tea pods in Malaysia?
- What is the market size for different tea flavors (green tea, black tea, herbal tea, etc.) in Malaysia?
- How are market trends changing in flavours/types for fruit/herbal and other tea?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Beverages research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Tea in Germany
- RTD Tea in China
- Tea in Taiwan
- Tea in the Czech Republic
- Tea in Uruguay
- Tea in Singapore
- Hot Tea Market in India: Market Profile to 2017
- Tea in Romania
- Tea in China
- Hot Tea Market in Malaysia: Market Profile to 2017