Market Research Reports, Inc. has announced the addition of “Telecommunications market in Russia 2014, Development forecasts for 2014-2018” research report to their offering.
Lewes, DE -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/20/2014 -- This document provides comprehensive coverage of the Russian telecommunications market. It contains informative market overviews, value and macroeconomic data and analysis of widespread trends.
The report includes evaluation by the average revenues per user (ARPU), average usage per user (AUPU), pricing indices including average price per minute (APPM) and various price baskets, churn and CAPEX indices, information concerning 30 of the top companies on the market and in-depth forecasts for market growth and for expansion in the mobile telephony, fixed line telephony and internet services segments. It also presents analysis and updates for sub-segments of the market such as IP TV and satellite communications.
Did you know that:
- The value of the telecommunication market in Russia will increase by 2.5% in 2014.
- Mobile telephony accounts for the largest part of telecoms spending in Russia.
- MTS, VimpelCom, MegaFon and Rostelecom control approx. 90% of the Russian telecoms market.
- Fixed-line telephony penetration in Russia amounted to 29% in 2013.
- The number of SIM cards in Russia reached 243 million at the end of 2013, representing a penetration rate of 170%.
- In 2013 there were almost 66m internet users in Russia with a penetration rate of 46%.
Extract from this report:
- With the growing maturity of telecommunication markets in large urban centres, Russian operators increased the amounts invested in the smaller towns, but this process has not yet become mainstream. Russian companies are cautious with regard to regional investments, explaining this in terms of the long return period. The regional development of telecommunication networks will speed up as a result of the direct investments of the Russian government. In April 2014 the Russian government signed a RUB 163bn contract with Rostelecom for the development of fixed line broadband in the rural areas of the country. Over 10 years Rostelecom is to build fibre optic lines to 13,600 localities in the country. This project will also allow the connection of smaller towns and will improve overall broadband connectivity Russia.
- 3G mobile telephony technology is being constantly developed in Russia. In 2007 the three largest mobile operators received licences for the provision of 3G services in the country, and by the end of 2013 3G networks covered the main Russian cities in which 76% of the population of the country live. A visible improvement in the quality of 3G internet was also observed.
- In H1 2014 the number of smartphones sold in Russia exceeded the sales of featured phones. The penetration figure for smartphones in the country approached 40% (in Moscow it exceeded 50%), and this created the necessary conditions for the development of mobile internet access services.
Explore growth and prospects in the Russian telecommunications sector.
Publication features current data, detailed forecasts for market development 2014-201.
What impact has the macroeconomic situation in Russia had upon the country’s telecommunications market? How have economic and other factors influenced growth and expansion? What is the overall value of the market and what are the values of each specific segment? Which of the segments will expand more quickly than the others? Why? What types of infrastructure updates are needed to support new technologies and facilitate additional growth in this market and each of its segments?
Telecommunications market in Russia 2014, Development forecasts for 2014-2018 provides the answers to these questions and much more. This unique publication is a compilation of facts, data, analysis and carefully-prepared forecasts that readers can rely on to gain a clear and accurate perspective of the potential for business success in the fixed-line telephony, mobile telephony and Internet access services segments.
In addition to value and prospects for these key segments, the report also includes examination of sub-segments that offer potential for rapid growth and expansion, such as IP TV and satellite communications. It presents market evaluations in accordance with ARPU, AUPU, APPM, churn and CAPEX, as well as other widely recognised telecommunications industry indicators.
The report offers an inside look at market conditions in the Russian telecoms sector, furnished by an assessment of 30 leading telecommunications providers currently active on the Russian market. It contains clear and reliable forecasts for expansion and information about the current infrastructure and the plans in place to accommodate advancing technology and make way for additional growth.
A thorough examination of current market trends is also included, along with updates on the growth of technologies such as 3G, WiMAX,, LTE networks and FTTx in Russia’s telecommunications sector. Required infrastructure upgrades are noted and plans to expand or speed up integration of these and other emerging technologies are detailed within the pages of this document.
This publication was created by the market experts at Publisher to meet the business information needs of executive and management personnel engaged at telecommunications companies active in Russia, as well as those of companies new to the market or considering the launch of a new business venture. Banking professionals and investment specialists, marketing professionals representing clients involved in the market and researchers and business consultants will also appreciate the clear and easy to access data, analysis and forecasts that together provide a valuable and extremely versatile guide to current operations and conditions as well as expectations for growth in the future.
Telecommunications market in Russia 2014, Development forecasts for 2014-2018 is useful when locating new business and investment opportunities, shifting resources between key market segments to maximise earnings and planning new business activity in this market. It is a trusted source of guidance in all types of decision-making, estimation of market demand for specific services and products and planning of a successful marketing strategy.
Know more about this report
Find all Telecom Reports
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
For regular industry updates subscribe to our newsletter at: