Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Thailand Agribusiness Report Q3 2014", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/25/2014 -- Thailand will maintain its status as a key Asian agricultural provider in the coming years, as the sector benefits from strong export opportunities and government support as well as an efficient food-producing industry. The sugar and livestock sectors are especially promising; h owever, the government's interference in the market, especially in the rice sector, will hind er the competitiveness of Thailand's production relative to its Asian rivals. Thailand will remain a key rice exporter but may lose out to secondary exporters owing to growing instability in its trade policy.
- Poultry production growth to 2017/18: 30.6% to 1.97mn tonnes. This growth will largely be due to increased private investment in the sector. The lift of an eight-year EU ban on uncooked imports in April 2012 will allow imports of Thai-produced poultry and other food products and give the industry more impetus to expand production.
- Sugar consumption growth to 2018: 26.5% to 3.3mn tonnes. Thailand's sugar consumption is growing fast, boosted by caching consumption patterns and the rising demand for carbonated soft drinks and confectionery sales.
- Rice production growth to 2017/18: 8.5% to 21.9mn tonnes. This in line with the government's forecast for rice production to reach 21mn tonnes by 2014/15. Expansion will come almost entirely from improved yields, as the area of land under rice cultivation will remain stable.
- BMI universe agribusiness market value: 22.1mn in 2014 (growth to average 4.1% annually between 2014 and 2018).
- Real GDP growth in 2014: 2.0% chg y-o-y (down from 2.9% in 2013, forecast to average 3.6% between 2014 and 2018).
- Consumer price index in 2014: 2.6% average (up from 2.2% in 2013; forecast to average 2.5% between 2014 and 2018).
- Real lending rate in 2014: 6.3% ave (down from 7.4% in 2013; forecast to average 6.5% between 2014 and 2018).
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The Thailand Agribusiness Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts for production, consumption and trade across core agricultural commodities.
BMI's Thailand Agribusiness Report includes independent commodity price forecasting and analysis for key agricultural outputs, an overview of the agribusiness competitive landscape and a discussion of the downstream context of agricultural production in relation to country food consumption forecasts and composite food and beverage trade forecasts.
- Use BMI's independent industry forecasts to test other views - a key input for successful planning in dynamic agribusiness markets.
- Apply BMI's medium-term commodity price analysis to assist with budgetary planning and the identification of investment opportunities and potential risks.
- Assess the activities and market position of your competitors, partners and clients.
An analytical summary of BMI's latest key industry forecasts and views, highlighting recent changes and key risks to the industry outlook for agribusiness in Thailand.
Industry SWOT Analysis:
At-a-glance perspectives on the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats facing the agricultural industry.
BMI Supply & Demand Forecasts:
Divided into sections based on various diverse sectors in the agriculture market, the chapter provides insight into each market's agricultural industry, centred on sector forecasts to end-2017 for the consumption, production and trade of key agricultural commodities.
Consumption forecasts are accompanied by a discussion of the main drivers of consumption growth: macroeconomic factors, food processing trends, price movements and, increasingly, demand from the non-food sector.
Production forecasts examine the trends influencing BMI's production outlook: global demand, price increases, public and private sector investment and agricultural efficiency improvements.
Trade forecasts are accompanied by a discussion of the factors influencing a country's trade in agricultural goods, including domestic demand, global prices and government trade policies.
BMI's forecasts are accompanied by a Risks- to-Outlook assessment, which examines potential factors that could affect our existing forecast picture and the likelihood of their occurrence.
BMI's Commodity Price Analysis
Fundamental and technical analysis of the short- and medium-term price outlook for key agricultural commodities, based on globally-recognised benchmarks.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Australia Agribusiness Report Q3 2014
- China Agribusiness Report Q3 2014
- Venezuela Agribusiness Report Q3 2014
- Canada Agribusiness Report Q3 2014
- Malaysia Agribusiness Report Q3 2014
- United States Agribusiness Report Q3 2014
- Morocco Agribusiness Report Q3 2014
- New Zealand Agribusiness Report Q3 2014
- Italy Agribusiness Report Q3 2014
- Cameroon Agribusiness Report Q3 2014