New Energy research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/07/2014 -- Thailand remains driven by a strong oil and gas demand which far outweigh s domestic production. With declining oil and gas reserves and with several delays already affecting the planned 21st licensing round, we expect long-term oil and gas production trends to remain one of stagnation or decline, despite an slight increase in the medium-term. With no scope for the country to become self sufficient, it will be critical to develop the necessary gas import infrastructure to avoid gas shortfalls.
The main trends and developments we highlight in the Thai oil and gas sector are:
- With plans to maintain plateau production in key Thai oil fields and with three fields coming online, we expect Thai oil production to rise slightly to some 450,000b/d in 2016. Nevertheless, in view of reserves, current exploration and development projects in the pipeline, Thai production will likely stagnate or slightly decline thereafter.
- Similarly, despite increasing gas production, domestic production will peak in 2019 and decline thereafter. Increasing domestic consumption will need to be met by increasing imports.
- The government has been trying to shift transportation, power generation and industrial consumption away from oil to gas or coal. In...
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The Thailand Oil & Gas Report has been researched at source and features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent forecasts for Thailand including major indicators for oil, gas and LNG, covering all major indicators including reserves, production, consumption, refining capacity, prices, export volumes and values. The report includes full analysis of industry trends and prospects, national and multinational companies and changes in the regulatory environment.
BMI's Thailand Oil & Gas Report provides professionals, consultancies, government departments, regulatory bodies and researchers with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Thai oil and gas industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent oil and gas industry forecasts for Thailand to test consensus views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Thai oil and gas market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Thai oil and gas sector through reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Thailand.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key forecasts and industry analysis, covering oil and gas reserves, supply, demand and refining, plus analysis of landmark company developments and key changes in the regulatory environment.
Regional perspective on size and value of industry sector; comparative rankings by production, refining, imports and exports of oil, gas and LNG.
Business Environment Rankings
BMI's Oil and Gas Business Environment Rankings provide a country-comparative Risk-Reward Rankings index aimed at investors (independents, NOCs, IOCs and oil services companies) in the upstream and downstream markets.
The rankings methodology makes sophisticated use of more than 40 industry, economic and demographic data points and is part of BMI's integrated Country Risk-Industry Rankings products.
Oil Market Outlook and Oil Products Outlook
Based on our country coverage of over 99% of global oil and gas production and consumption, BMI provides demand, supply and price forecasts to end-2018 for oil, gas and oil products
BMI Industry Forecasts
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below), supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
Pricing: Oil price (US$/bbl, WTI, Brent, OPEC basket, Urals); Oil products prices (unleaded gasoline, gasoil/diesel, jet/kerosene - US$/bbl) at global hubs
Production, Consumption, Capacity and Reserves: Proven oil reserves (bn barrels), production, consumption, refinery capacity and throughputs (`000b/d); Proven gas reserves (tcm), production and consumption (bcm)
Imports and Exports: Oil exports/imports (`000b/d), value of oil exports/imports (US$mn - BMI base case); Value of oil exports at constant US$50/bbl and constant US$100/bbl (US$mn); Gas exports/imports (bcm), Value of gas exports/imports (US$mn); Value of gas exports/imports at constant US$50/bbl and US$100/bbl (US$mn); Value of petroleum exports/imports (US$mn); Value of petroleum exports/imports at constant US$50/bbl and US$100/bbl (US$mn)
BMI Macroeconomic Forecasts
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Energy research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Rosneft Oil Company Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q4, 2013
- ConocoPhillips Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q4, 2013
- Husky Energy Inc. Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q4, 2013
- Enerplus Corporation Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q4, 2013
- Magnum Hunter Resources Corporation Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q4, 2013
- Total S.A. Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q4, 2013
- Apache Corporation Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q4, 2013
- Royal Dutch Shell plc Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q4, 2013
- Statoil ASA Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q4, 2013
- BP p.l.c. Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q4, 2013