Market Research Reports, Inc. has announced the addition of “Thailand: Operator and Government Fixed and Mobile Investment to Drive Data-Centric Telecom Growth” research report to their website www.MarketResearchReports.com
Lewes, DE -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/30/2015 -- Thailand's telecommunications market is among the largest markets in the South East Asia region and will generate revenue of $10.2bn in 2015. The telecom services revenue will grow at a CAGR of 7.5% over the 2015-2020 period, driven by growth in mobile services revenue, primarily from mobile data owing to increasing popularity of high-speed 3G and 4G services.
Fixed broadband and mobile data will be the highest-growing segments and will contribute to 15.4% and 36.6%, by 2020, respectively. Although Thailand is a prepaid-driven market, the number of prepaid subscribers will decline owing to the NBTC's regulation on SIM registration. Further, Thailand will witness commercial 4G rollouts from 2016 onward post 4G auctions held in November 2015. In the fixed market, state-owned operator TOT will have a lead; however, it will experience tough competition from True and CAT in the fixed broadband segment. Operators will focus on converged offerings to drive subscriber growth and increase ARPS.
- The overall telecom service revenue in Thailand is estimated to increase by 1.8% in US dollars (4.1% in local currency) versus 2014, to reach $10.2bn (Bt338bn) in 2015.
- From 2015 to 2020, the Thai telecommunications market will see service revenue grow at a 7.5% CAGR in dollar terms, boosted by mobile and fixed broadband infrastructure developments.
- This growth will be fueled by 4G service rollouts and 3G network coverage expansion, coupled with converged offerings and government initiatives to drive broadband adoption in education, healthcare and government sectors. Operators will invest in fiber deployments in the coming years.
- Mobile revenue will account for 61.4% of the total telecom market in 2020. Mobile data will be an important driver of this trend, as it will expand at a 12.4% CAGR from 2015 to 2020.
- We expect the number of fixed access lines - circuit-switched voice, VoIP and broadband - to increase to 11.9m in 2020.
- AIS, the mobile leader, will maintain its share, facing aggressive competition from True and dtac. Entry of AIS in the fixed and pay-TV markets in 2015 will help the company maintain its lead thereby realizing new revenue opportunities. The fixed space remains dominated by TOT, however, it will face tough competition from True and CAT in the fixed broadband market.
"Thailand: Operator and Government Fixed and Mobile Investment to Drive Data-Centric Telecom Growth" provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Thailand today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Thailand's telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: Telecom market size and trends in Thailand compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Thailand.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, SIM registration, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2013 to 2020.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Thailand's telecommunications markets.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain in-depth analysis of current strategies and future trends of the Thai telecommunications market, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format, to build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Understand the factors behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Thailand's mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares, to align product offerings and strategies to meet customer's demand.
- Leverage the graphical information (more than 20 charts and tables in the report based on the Pyramid Research forecast products), to gain an overview of the Thailand's telecom market.
- Analysis of key telecom players in the markets and major business strategies being adopted by them, to identify the opportunities to improve the market share.
- Explore novel opportunities to align your product strategies and offerings to meet the requirements and succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Thailand.
Spanning over 32 pages "Thailand: Operator and Government Fixed and Mobile Investment to Drive Data-Centric Telecom Growth" report covers Executive summary, Market and competitor overview, Regional context, Economic, demographic and political context, Regulatory environment, Demand profile, Service evolution, Competitive landscape, Major market players, Segment analysis, Mobile services, Fixed services, Pay-TV, Identifying opportunities, Overall market opportunities. This report Covered 5 Companies - AIS, dtac, True, TOT, CTH.
Find more information Visit at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/pyramid-research/thailand-operator-and-government-fixed-and-mobile-investment-drive-data-centric
Find all Fixed-line reports at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/fixed-line
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
Yearly/Quarterly Report Subscription: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/subscriptions