New Healthcare research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/02/2014 -- Thailand offers several revenue earning opportunities to drugmakers due to its ageing population and the presence of a universal healthcare system that provides the population with access to healthcare. However cost containment policies and delays in patent approvals limit the attractiveness of the country to multinational pharmaceutical firms.
Headline Expenditure Projections:
- Pharmaceuticals: THB142.5bn (USD4.64bn) in 2013 to THB146.5bn (USD4.5bn) in 2014; +2.8% in local currency terms and -2.8% in US dollar terms. Forecast downgraded from Q314 , although currency fluctuations affected the growth rate in US dollar terms.
- Healthcare: THB473.3bn (USD15.4bn) in 2013 to THB506.7bn (USD15.6bn) in 2014; +7.1% in local currency terms and +1.2% in US dollar terms. Forecast in absolute terms was downgraded due to receipt of data from the World Health Organization currency fluctuations also affected the growth rate in US dollar terms.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Risk/Reward Rating: In Q 4 2014, Thailand is ranked 1 2 th out of the 19 key markets in Asia Pacific. While Thailand's score for its Industry Rewards variable is above the regional average (22.8 versus 21.8), indicating the country's favourable longer-term standing in terms of its pharmaceutical market development, operating risks - including the lacking intellectual property (IP) environment - remain elevated.
Key Trends and Developments:
- Since July 1 2014, the first health centre for migrant workers will be setup in Samut Sakhon province to bring Cambodians into the health insurance system and reduce a burden on the state in the long term. The public health ministry shouldered the burden of unpaid migrant workers' bills (THB300mn).
- In June 2014, public health officials from Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia agreed to actively collaborate on a new study on sepsis, which is a major cause of death due to infectious diseases in Southeast Asia. Preliminary results from a Thai study revealed that one in six patients...
The Thailand Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s forecasts for drugs and healthcare expenditure and imports and exports, focusing on the growth outlook for the prescription, OTC, patented drugs and generics market segments.
BMI's Thailand Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report provides industry professionals, strategists, company executives, investors, analysts and sales/marketing heads with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Thai pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent pharmaceutical and healthcare industry forecasts for Thailand to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Thai pharmaceutical and healthcare market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Thai pharmaceutical and healthcare sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Thailand.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View & Industry SWOT:
An at-a-glance perspective on latest regulatory developments, key forecast indicators and major corporate developments, covering the prescription, OTC and generics markets. The SWOT outlines strategic factors which affect BMI's forecast analysis, and taken together with BMI's political, economic and business environment SWOTS, it gives a complete overview of market climate.
Snapshot of key market characteristics, including total size of pharmaceuticals and healthcare segments, growth drivers, leading therapeutic areas and the competitive landscape.
Details of the industry regulatory framework and key legislation covering the licensing of new products/services, pricing and reimbursements, intellectual property, taxation and advertising, as well as an analysis of the overall regulatory burden.
Focus on government healthcare reforms, epidemiological trends, company M&As, product launches, market entries, FDI activity, R&D, biotechnology, clinical trials and supply chain issues.
BMI Industry Forecasts:
Forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- South Korea Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Kenya Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Mexico Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Australia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Croatia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Hong Kong Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Latvia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Netherlands Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Algeria Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Japan Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014