Market Research Reports, Inc. has announced the addition of “The Cards and Payments Industry in South Africa: Emerging Trends and Opportunities to 2019” research report to their website www.MarketResearchReports.com
Lewes, DE -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/25/2016 -- The Cards and Payments Industry in South Africa: Emerging Trends and Opportunities to 2019 report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into South Africa's cards and payments industry, including:
- Current and forecast values for each market in South Africa's cards and payments industry, including debit card, credit and charge cards. It also includes detailed analysis of the prepaid card market.
- Detailed insights into payment instruments including credit transfers, cash transactions, checks, direct debits and payment cards. It also, includes an overview of the country's key alternative payment instruments.
- E-commerce market analysis and online payment types.
- Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing South Africa's cards and payments industry.
- Detailed analysis of strategies adopted by banks and other institutions to market debit, credit and charge cards.
- Comprehensive analysis of consumer attitudes and buying preferences for cards.
- The competitive landscape of South Africa's cards and payments industry.
The Cards and Payments Industry in South Africa: Emerging Trends and Opportunities to 2019 report provides detailed analysis of market trends in South Africa's cards and payments industry. It provides values and volumes for a number of key performance indicators in the industry, including check payments, credit transfers, direct debits, payment cards and cash transactions during the review period (2010–2014).
The report also analyzes various payment card markets operating in the industry and provides detailed information on the number of cards in circulation, and transaction values and volumes during the review period and over the forecast period (2015–2019). It also offers information on the country's competitive landscape, including market shares of issuers and schemes.
The report brings together Publisher's research, modeling, and analysis expertise to allow banks and card issuers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages. The report also covers detailed regulatory policies, recent changes in regulatory structure, card fraud statistics and profiles of card issuers operating in the country.
- This report provides a comprehensive analysis of South Africa's cards and payments industry.
- It provides current values for South Africa's cards and payments industry for 2014, and forecast figures to 2019.
- It details the different demographic, economic, infrastructural and business drivers affecting South Africa's cards and payments industry.
- It outlines the current regulatory framework in the industry.
- It details marketing strategies used by various banks and other institutions.
- It profiles major banks in South Africa's cards and payments industry.
Reasons To Buy
- Make strategic business decisions, using top-level historic and forecast market data, related to South Africa's cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in South Africa's cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in South Africa's cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights into marketing strategies used for various card types in South Africa.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing South Africa's cards and payments industry.
- To increase the uptake of mobile POS (mPOS) among small and medium sized merchants, solution providers in South Africa are offering terminals at lower costs, one of the latest being the introduction of the Edge mPOS solution in July 2014 by South Africa-based technology provider Emerge Mobile. It costs US$92.1 (ZAR1,000), and comes with a free mobile app compatible with iOS and Android phones. Previously, Absa Bank launched its Payment Pebble mPOS solution in 2013, exclusively for SMEs. Similarly, Nedbank launched the PocketPOS in the same year. The introduction of low-cost terminals is anticipated to encourage merchants to accept card-based payments, driving payment card transaction volumes and values.
- Alternative payment instruments are gaining traction in South Africa, with banks and payment companies introducing new solutions. Recent include the launch of MasterPass, Zapper and FlickPay in July 2014, and SnapScan in May 2014. The MasterPass digital wallet was introduced by MasterCard in association with Standard Bank. Master Pass users can shop online without disclosing payment and shipping information with every purchase. Zapper, FlickPay and SnapScan are mobile payment (m-payment) solutions which enable consumers to pay using QR codes and a PIN. The initiatives are expected to advance the development of alternative payments in South Africa.
- To support government's financial inclusion plan to bring the unbanked population under the purview of formal banking, all major banks in South Africa including Absa Bank, Standard Bank, First National Bank (FNB) and Nedbank offer basic bank accounts with minimal banking charges. In addition to these leading banks, telecoms service provider MTN launched a mobile-only bank, Tyme, in November 2012, with no monthly fees or minimum balance requirements. Anyone aged above 16 years with a valid South African ID document can open an account. Tyme was acquired by Commonwealth Bank of Australia in February 2015.
Spanning over 70 pages, 77 Tables and 26 Figures "The Cards and Payments Industry in South Africa: Emerging Trends and Opportunities to 2019" report covers Definitions and Methodology, Key Facts and Events, Executive Summary, Payment Instruments, E-Commerce, Alternative Payments, Regulations in the Cards and Payments Industry, Analysis of Cards and Payments Industry Drivers, Market Segmentation and New Product Launches, Payment Cards, Debit Cards, Credit Cards, Charge Cards, Commercial Cards, Card Fraud Statistics, Card Issuers, Prepaid Cards, Merchant Acquiring, Appendix. This report Covered 8 Companies - Absa Bank, Standard Bank, First National Bank, Nedbank, American Express, Visa, MasterCard, Diners Club.
For more information Visit at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/timetric/cards-and-payments-industry-south-africa-emerging-trends-and-opportunities-2019
Find all Banking and Finance report at : http://www.marketresearchreports.com/banking-finance
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
Yearly/Quarterly Report Subscription: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/subscriptions