New Software market report from MindCommerce: "The Future of App Stores"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/05/2012 -- There are now millions of mobile applications running on the popular mobile operating systems. Mobile applications are distributed via app stores which provide directory and search services that assist users in identify and acquiring the apps they most desire.
This report provides a summary of the status of app stores in the market today. It presents a number of features common to all app stores. The major apps stores are then described by one of three groupings: 1) consumer, 2) enterprise and 3) independent. The business model for app stores is presented including upfront payment, in-app purchase and on-going subscriptions. The changing world of app revenue is summarized, indicating revenue started 'all up front', however, it is migrating to mostly in-app to give people time to see if the application meets their needs.
This report also evaluates the dynamics of apps on individual smartphone devices and provides evidence that the number of mobile apps downloaded is increasing, however, the number of active apps is leveling off at forty (40). A major section of the report defines the implications for enterprise mobility, and another section deals with the trend that mobile apps are free to download but are not necessarily free to use. The report ends with a vision for the future that indicates how app stores will proliferate for the next few years but then will go through a 'shake out' period in which only one or two app stores will survive for each mobile operating platform.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- Application developers
- Mobile network operators
- Mobile handset manufacturers
- Network infrastructure providers
- Mobile application store providers
- Application and content aggregators
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Software research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The Future of Retailing in the Americas to 2016
- The Future of Retailing in Asia Pacific to 2016
- The Future of Global Retailing to 2016
- The Future of Retailing in Europe to 2016
- The Future of Retailing in Middle East and Africa to 2016
- Global Drug Stores and Health and Beauty Stores Market Size and Forecast to 2016
- Global Convenience Stores (including Independents) and Gas StationsMarket Size and Forecast to 2016
- Global Value, Variety Stores and General Merchandise Retailers Market Size and Forecast to 2016
- Global Department Stores Market Size and Forecast to 2016
- The Future of Retailing in Peru to 2016