New Defense research report from ICD-Research is now available from Fast Market Research
Williamstown, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/16/2012 -- "The Global Military Radar Market 2012-2022" offers the reader detailed analysis of the global radar systems market over the next ten years, alongside potential market opportunities to enter the industry, using detailed market size forecasts.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
Current developments are oriented towards incorporating more powerful radars in air and missile defense systems and airborne surveillance systems. Space based radars are witnessing major technological advancements as defense forces around the world realise the potential of satellite based monitoring capacities. Technological developments such the Active Electronically Scanned Array and Phased Array systems are driving demand for radars as countries undertake upgrade and refurbishment programmes along with fresh procurement schedules.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
The global defense industry is investing significantly in the development of technologies to enhance the accuracy and resolution of radars. The demand for light weight and space saving radars is increasing sharply as more and more aircraft are being equipped with the latest in radar technology. This is the most significant factor which is currently driving research and development in thje radar systems domain.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
"The Global Military Radar 2012-2022" provides detailed analysis of the current industry size and growth expectations from 2012 to 2022, including highlights of key growth stimulators. It also benchmarks the industry against key global markets and provides detailed understanding of emerging opportunities in specific areas.
Despite budget cuts, North America is expected to account for the largest share of the total global expenditure on military radar systems with a 43% share in the forecast period. High demand in the region is primarily driven by the country's major missile defense programs, upgrade of aircraft technologies and fresh investment in space based radar technology
A number of countries worldwide are investing heavily on UAVs in order to procure more and more situational awareness information. These UAVs are primarily dependent upon their radars for navigation as well for colecting ground information. Also, countries such as Brazil, Argentina and Chile are establishing wide area radar networks in order to monitor their borders and forrested areas
Foreign OEMs seeking to enter a specific radar market often enter into marketing agreements with domestic companies to gain an opportunity to market their products in a specific region. For example, in 2011, Lockheed Martin of the US and Brazil's Atmos Sistems teamed up to accomplish the Brazilian Air Force's Three-Dimensional Long-Range Radar procurement project.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Raytheon, Lockheed, Martin Corporation, Boeing, Saab Sensis, BAE Systems, Northrop, Grumman, Rheinmetall Defense, ThalesRaytheon Systems, Harris Corporation, Accipiter Radar Technologies, Esterline Technologies, Almaz- Antei, Honeywell International, ASELSAN
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Defense research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Competing For Share Of Global Military Ground Forces Industry Spend In 2010-2011: Supplier Marketing & Sales Strategies & Industry Outlook
- The Global Military Aircraft Market 2011-2021
- "Competition for a Share of Sustainability Expenditure in the Defense Industry 2010-12: Green Marketing Strategies and Drivers, Defense Supplier Expenditure Activity, and Impact on Profitability
- The Global Military Rotorcrafts Market 2011-2021
- The Global Military Simulations and Virtual Training Market 2011-2021
- "Sustainability Management in the Defense Industry 2010-12: Market Opportunities, Defense Industry Buyer Demand, Post Recession Dynamics and Business Trends Forecast
- The Chilean Defense Industry - Market Opportunities and Entry Strategies Analyses and Forecasts to 2015
- The Indonesian Defense Sector - Market Opportunities and Entry Strategies, Analyses and Forecasts to 2015
- The Global C2/C4ISR Market 2011-2021
- The Indonesian Defense Industry - Market Opportunities and Entry Strategies, Analyses and Forecasts to 2016