Market Research Reports, Inc. has announced the addition of “Global Organic Electronics Market (Application and Geography) - Size, Share, Global Trends, Company Profiles, Demand, Insights, Analysis, Research, Report, Opportunities, Segmentation and Forecast, 2013 - 2020” research report to their offering.
Lewes, DE -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/12/2014 -- Global Organic Electronics Market - Size, Industry Analysis, Trends, Opportunities, Growth and Forecast, 2013 - 2020, the global organic electronics (OE) market would reach $79.6 billion by 2020, registering a CAGR of 29.5% during 2014 - 2020. Organic displays are the largest revenue source for the organic electronics market, accounting to nearly 2/3rd of the market. OLED displays, which find application in laptops, tablets and TV sets, hold lions share in the global organic electronics displays market. Asia Pacific generates about 63.5% of the revenue for the global market due to the fact that Asia Pacific is home for almost 3/4th of the global electronics manufacturing industry, which is the primary application area for organic electronics.Growing appeal towards pollution-free and renewable energy sources has brought the evolution of photovoltaic technology, and the demand for the PV's is expected to witness marked growth during the forecast period. High initial investment is the only hurdle to the adoption of PV's in countries that are witnessing energy crisis. Technological advancements would eventually pave the way for a widespread acceptance of the technology. The positive momentum consequentially would spur the demand for organic components used in OPV, DSSC and CIGs. The cut-throat competition among the LCD display manufacturers for the last few years is the key reason for OLED displays to gain competitive advantage. Irrespective of its expensiveness, OLED displays have gained momentum and the advent of flexible OLED proved revolutionary for OLED manufacturers.
Organic RFID (ORFID) holds just about 2% of the global market due to its limited application in the prevailing market conditions. Contrary to the current market scenario, ORFID is anticipated to witness tremendous growth through 2020, and would outpace any other application area. Key factor for such remarkable growth is attributed to its ability to substitute silicon based RFID. ORFID would be a cost effective option for tags, as the materials and manufacturing costs would lower over the period of time.
Key findings of the study:
- Global market for organic electronics gaining traction with displays, ORFID and Lighting to provide major growth thrust during the forecast period (2014 - 2020)
- ORFID segment will grow at a CAGR of 48.1% during the forecast period, fastest among all
Europe would be one of the lucrative markets, both in terms of size and growth. Europe would reach $9.6 billion by 2020, with fastest CAGR of 35.9%
- Within organic displays, electroluminscent displays would be most lucrative at 48.7% CAGR during forecast period.
- OPV and DSSC, though, are the fastest growing photovoltaic segments, CIGs would remain segment of focus - at 94.6% market share in 2020 - within organic photovoltaic market
- System components will compose second largest segment for organic electronics in 2020, much exceeding photovoltaic segment. The system component would generate about 20% of the global OE market revenue in 2020
- Conductive inks would outrun other system component segments with about 86.5% revenue in 2020
Know more about this report
Find all Semiconductors Reports
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
For regular industry updates subscribe to our newsletter at: