Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/25/2014 -- This research report presents shipment volume and value forecast and recent quarter review of the Greater China notebook PC industry. The report includes shipment volume and value, ASP, manufacturer volume ranking, shipment by assembly level, shipment by price point, and product mix analysis. The content of this report is based on primary data obtained through interviews with notebook PC makers. The report finds that the Greater China notebook PC industry's shipment volume in the first quarter of 2014 declined 14% sequentially, lower than originally expected at around 20%. The slowdown in sequential decline is mainly ascribed to the replacement demand for commercial notebook PCs following Microsoft's announcement to end the support for Windows XP in April 2014. With smartphones and tablets continuing to divert consumer spending, the Greater China notebook PC industry is projected to see lukewarm shipment performance throughout 2014. Meanwhile, as brand orders are becoming highly concentrated, the combined share of Quanta and Compal, two leading notebook PC contract manufacturers, is anticipated to break 60% some time in 2014.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Computer Technology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The Greater China Notebook PC Industry, 2Q 2013
- The Greater China Notebook PC Industry, 1Q 2014
- The Greater China Notebook PC Industry, 3Q 2013
- The Greater China Notebook PC Industry, 4Q 2013
- The Taiwanese Desktop PC Industry, 2Q 2014
- Greater China Notebook PC Industry Development, 2012 Recap and 2013 Forecast
- Worldwide Notebook PC Forecast, 2014 - 2018
- The Taiwanese Large-area TFT-LCD Panel Industry, 2Q 2014
- The Taiwanese Desktop PC Industry, 2Q 2013
- The Taiwanese Desktop PC Industry, 3Q 2013