DrugPipeline.net has announced the addition of “Innovation Tracking Factbook 2016 - An Assessment of the Pharmaceutical Pipeline” research report to their website DrugPipeline.net
Bangalore, Karnataka -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/29/2016 -- "Innovation Tracking Factbook 2016 - An Assessment of the Pharmaceutical Pipeline" is a comprehensive, granular analysis of the 20,756 products currently in the pharmaceutical industry pipeline, from the Discovery stage through to Pre-registration and split into therapy areas and key indications. This pipeline is also benchmarked against its size across each segment in 2015, and an assessment of the level of first-in-class innovation is provided. In addition, a detailed contextual analysis of the key drivers of this pipeline is provided, in addition to an assessment of companies present in the pipeline and historical deal value and volume.
Innovation, particularly the development of new products, is a crucial element of the pharmaceutical industry. The market is highly research-intensive, being deeply reliant on a high level of R&D investment and a strong product pipeline to maintain growth and ensure long-term revenue generation. Without successful innovation, which can be broadly defined as the market launch of novel therapeutic molecules that cost-effectively treat or cure diseases, the industry would face a substantial long-term decline in revenue.
A particular focus of this report is placed on analysis of the development of innovative drugs, specifically first-in-class innovation. Over recent decades, in addition to an increase in the yearly number of new chemical entity approvals by the FDA, the number and proportion of these approvals that were first-in-class at the time of approval have also increased. The proportion of first-in-class approvals has increased steadily each year since 1994, with the exception of the years 2005-2008, when the proportion was relatively high.
- What is the current size and composition of the pharmaceutical industry pipeline and how has it changed since Q1 2015? What can we learn from this?
- The largest therapy area, by a substantial margin, is oncology, and, with growth in the pipeline sizes for all major oncology indications since Q1 2015, this trend appears set to continue. Why is this the case?
- What is the overall advantage for companies including first-in-class product developments in their pipeline portfolio, rather than opting for better-characterized established molecular targets?
- What factors have been driving the increasing number of first-in-class product approvals over recent decades?
- What strategies have companies typically been pursuing with their pipeline portfolio, in terms of how diverse, specialized or innovative they have been? Specifically, what strategies have the top 25 pharmaceutical companies been following?
- What key discernible trends have appeared in the strategic consolidations landscape in the past decade and which disease areas have been most active?
Reasons to buy
This report will allow you to -
- Achieve an up-to-date understanding of the landscape of the overall pharmaceutical pipeline, on both a broad and granular level; this also provides a highly accessible reference which is useful in any pharmaceutical strategic decision making process
- Benchmark key therapy areas and indications in terms of the number of pipeline products and level of innovation, and assess one's own strategic positioning against this backdrop
- Understand the contemporary role and importance of radical and incremental innovation within the various disease areas and indications
- Make key decisions about the role of innovation within one's own pipeline portfolio
Spanning over 70 pages "Innovation Tracking Factbook 2016 - An Assessment of the Pharmaceutical Pipeline" report covers Introduction, Assessment of the Pharmaceutical Industry Pipeline, Assessment of Innovation in the Pharmaceutical Industry Pipeline, Company Analysis, Deals Analysis, Appendix.
For more information Visit at: http://www.drugpipeline.net/cbr-pharma-insights/innovation-tracking-factbook-2016-assessment-pharmaceutical-pipeline
DrugPipeline.net is a market research reports distribution platform which hosts research reports from all leading global market research firms related to pharma industry. It also assist decision makers locate the right market research solution from a single place.