Fast Market Research recommends "The Insurance Industry in Bermuda, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018" from Timetric, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/26/2014 -- Despite continued low investment yields and moderate economic growth in Europe and the US, Bermuda's insurance industry continued to thrive in 2013. Gross written premium increased at a rate of 7.4% from 2009 to 2013. The growth was primarily driven by low losses from catastrophes and proper reserve development in 2012. As a result, leading industry participants recorded a significant improvement in combined ratio, depicting strong underwriting performance which in turn supported their risk-adjusted capitalization.
- A low regulatory burden, attractive tax environment and solid infrastructure have been key drivers for the growth of insurance, and also for the rise in the number of international companies in Bermuda.
- The number of new insurers rose by 71% in 2013 over 2012, while the overall number of market participants fell from 1,209 in 2012 to 1,206 in 2013.
- Bermuda has evolved as an offshore financial center, due to its minimal and liberal regulatory standards for businesses.
- Growing competition is likely to have an adverse impact on the profitability of insurers and reinsurers in 2014 and 2015, with several operators exhibiting competitive underwriting practices.
- During the review period, the frequency and magnitude of catastrophes increased globally, leading to increased losses and placing greater pressure on reinsurers.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the insurance industry in Bermuda:
- It provides historical values for the Bermudian insurance industry for the report's 2009-2013 review period and forecast figures for the 2013-2018 forecast period.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key segments and categories in the Bermudian insurance industry, along with forecasts until 2018.
- It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, total assets, total investment income and retentions.
- It profiles the top insurance companies in Bermuda, and outlines the key regulations affecting them.
Reasons to Get this Report
- Make strategic business decisions using in-depth historic and forecast industry data related to the Bermudian insurance industry and each segment within it.
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key trends and growth opportunities within the Bermudian insurance industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the Bermudian insurance industry.
- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key segments.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Bermudian insurance industry and its impact on companies and the industry's future.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Ace Bermuda Insurance, XL Group, PartnerRe Ltd, Everest Reinsurance (Bermuda) Ltd, Catlin Group Ltd, Axis Capital Holdings Ltd, Arch Insurance (Bermuda), Allied World Assurance Company Holdings, AG, Endurance Specialty Holdings Ltd, Hiscox Ltd
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Insurance research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Non-Life Insurance in the UK, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Non-Life Insurance in Indonesia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Life Insurance in the UK, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Non-Life Insurance in Brazil, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Life Insurance in Turkey, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Life Insurance in Germany, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Life Insurance in Brazil, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Life Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- The Insurance Industry in Ghana, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018