Naperville, IL -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/11/2013 -- The Republic of Chad is a landlocked country in Central Africa with population of around 10.8 million in 2012. The Chadian insurance industry is small, under developed and oligopolistic in nature; two companies operated in the Chadian insurance industry during the review period. The Chadian insurance industry’s share in total financial assets stood at 2.3% in 2010, according to an IMF report in October 2011. Over the forecast period (2012–2017), stable economic growth supported by investment in the oil, cement and power sectors will act as a major driver for the growth of the insurance industry in the country. Regulation of the insurance industry is managed at regional level.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the insurance industry in Chad:
- It provides historical values for the Chadian insurance industry for the report’s 2008–2012 review period and forecast figures for the 2012–2017 forecast period
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key segments and categories in the Chadian insurance industry, along with industry forecasts until 2017
- It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, total assets, total investment income and retentions
- It outlines the key regulations affecting the insurance industry in Chad
Reasons to Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using in depth historic and forecast industry data related to the Chadian insurance industry and each segment within it
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the Chadian insurance industry
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the Chadian insurance industry
- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key segments
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Chadian insurance industry and its impact on companies and the industry's future
- The Chadian insurance industry is small and largely under developed when compared with peer countries in the Sub-Saharan region.
- The rising population in Chad spurred demand for all life insurance product types during the review period, and the trend is expected to continue over the forecast period.
- The increase in the Chadian population’s life expectancy during the review period encouraged demand for health insurance products.
- Only two insurance companies currently operate in the Chadian insurance industry.
- There is also an opportunity to develop micro insurance, which will help to extend insurance services to the wider population in Chad.
To view table of contents for this market report please visit:
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-321-1250 (International)