Naperville, IL -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/11/2013 -- The insurance industry in Mali is not very developed and accounts for less than 1% of the country’s total GDP. The Malian economy depends heavily on foreign aid and is vulnerable to fluctuations in world prices of cotton and gold. Around 70% of the population lives in rural areas, the majority of which lives below the poverty line. The combination of a significantly large rural population, high levels of poverty, a low literacy rate and the highly uneven distribution of income is hindering the growth of the insurance industry in the country. The key segment driving the overall Malian insurance industry is the non-life insurance segment, which accounts for more than 70% of the industry’s total gross premiums. The Malian insurance industry is under the regulation of the Conférence Internationale des Marché d’Assurances (CIMA).
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the insurance industry in Mali:
- It provides historical values for the Malian insurance industry for the report’s 2008–2012 review period and forecast figures for the 2012–2017 forecast period
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key segments and categories in the Malian insurance industry, along with industry forecasts until 2017
- It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, total assets, total investment income and retentions
- It outlines the key regulations affecting the insurance industry
Reasons to Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using in depth historic and forecast industry data related to the Malian insurance industry and each segment within it
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the Malian insurance industry
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the Malian insurance industry
- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key segments
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Malian insurance industry and its impact on companies and the industry's future
- The insurance industry in Mali is not very developed and accounts for less than 1% of the country’s total GDP.
- The key segment driving the overall Malian insurance industry is the non-life insurance segment.
- Growth in the Malian export industry is impacting the insurance industry positively by driving growth in the marine and transit insurance category.
- The production of cotton in the country is recording consistent growth, leading to escalated export activities.
- The high unemployment rate in Mali has become a major concern for insurers in the country.
- The insurance industry in Mali is dominated by Colina Mali SA
Société Nouvelle d'Assurance Vie (SONAVIE) Colina Mali SA Allianz Assurances Mali Assurances Lafia SA Nouvelle Alliance d'Assurances SA
To view table of contents for this market report please visit:
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-321-1250 (International)