Recently published research from Timetric, "The Insurance Industry in Mozambique, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/30/2013 -- According to the International Monetary Fund (IMF), Mozambique ranked among the fastest-growing economies in the world in 2011. This was partly due to the nation exporting coal for the first time which placed it on the list of global exporters of mineral resources. Furthermore, the discovery of offshore natural gas garnered international interest and investment. Within this economic context, the insurance industry benefited and registered a CAGR of 28.6% during the review period (2008-2012).
- The insurance industry is relatively small and penetration rates measured 1.45% in 2012.
- Over the forecast period (2012-2017), infrastructural investments, exports of mineral products, new product development and increased healthcare expenditure will support industry growth.
- The industry recorded an increase in the volume of operational insurance companies during the review period, from five in 2008 to eight in 2011.
- A high combined ratio is one of the key concerns for insurance companies operating in Mozambique.
- A new supervisory entity - the Insurance Institute of Mozambique - was formed and a new accounting method based on International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) was approved on January 1st 2011.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the insurance industry in Mozambique:
- It provides historical values for the Mozambique insurance industry for the report's 2008-2012 review period and forecast figures for the 2012-2017 forecast period
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key segments and categories in the Mozambique insurance industry, along with industry forecasts until 2017
- It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, combined ratio, total assets, total investment income and retentions
- It profiles the top insurance companies in Mozambique and outlines the key regulations affecting them
Reasons to Get This Report
- Make strategic business decisions using in depth historic and forecast industry data related to the Mozambique insurance industry and each segment within it
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the Mozambique insurance industry
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the Mozambique insurance industry
- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key segments
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Mozambique insurance industry and its impact on companies and the industry's future
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Seguradora Internacional de Mocambique, Empresa Mocambicana de Seguros, Hollard Mocambique Companhia de Seguros,
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Financial Services research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The Insurance Industry in Jordan, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- The Insurance Industry in Slovenia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- The Insurance Industry in Croatia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- The Insurance Industry in Estonia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- The Insurance Industry in Romania, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- The Insurance Industry in Latvia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- The Insurance Industry in Uzbekistan, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- The Insurance Industry in Bangladesh, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- The Insurance Industry in Kuwait, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- The Insurance Industry in Cyprus, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017