Fast Market Research recommends "The Nanotechnology Opportunity in Food and Drinks Packaging" from Business Insights, now available
Williamstown, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/13/2012 -- Nanotechnology has many potential applications in food and drinks packaging, particularly in beverages, meat, poultry, vegetables, and fruit. Nanotechnology adds extra barrier properties to help prevent spoilage for longer. New developments are also increasing the functionality of nanotechnology, helping to create packaging that can detect when food has been spoiled or contaminated.
- Identify the leading players in the nanotechnology packaging market.
- Analyze the leading technological developments in the sector.
- Analyze the core opportunities and challenges within the sector.
- Help to identify the current state of the market and make predictions on where the market is going.
- Which packaging sectors stand to benefit most from nanotechnology
The development of plastics incorporating nanocomposites, which act as a barrier for gases, has meant that manufacturers can start to use plastic instead of other expensive and heavyweight packaging types. Nanoclays work with standard materials to enhance packaging quality, making it stiffer, tougher, more flexible, or enhancing barrier properties.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Cost is an issue. The limited number of companies involved in the nanotechnology packaging industry means that there is little competition and less incentive to lower product prices. Equally, the products are currently produced on a much smaller scale than traditional packaging materials, and therefore they do not benefit from economies of scale.
With much discussion surrounding nanotechnology, particularly concerning its potential effect on human health, some form of legislation may be enacted in the near future, particularly for nanomaterials that come into contact with consumer products such as food, or food packaging, potentially causing delays in getting products to market.
Reasons to Get this Report
- What are the major new nanotechnology developments impacting the packaging sector?
- How will the packaging sector be impacted by nanotechnology?
- Which companies are set to gain most from developments in this sector?
- What are the major obstacles to be overcome for better commercialization rates?
- What technology areas offer the most promise for packaging companies?
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Admiral Group plc, Amer Sports Corporation, Arriva plc, CMS Energy Corporation, Devoteam SA, Hutchison 3G UK Limited, Informa plc, Nordea Bank AB, Schindler Holding Ltd., TNS, Inc., Videocon Industries Ltd., Wolters Kluwer nv
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Innovation in Food and Drinks Packaging: Opportunities in added value and emerging technologies
- Future Food and Drinks Packaging: Emerging ethical, food safe and convenient formats
- Offering Ethicality & Sustainability in Food & Drinks
- The Future of Sustainable Food and Beverage Packaging
- The Top 10 Food and Drinks Packaging Companies: Key strategies for market growth and future innovation
- Lightweighting in Food and Drinks Packaging
- Promoting Brand Simplicity in Food and Drinks: Reducing product claims, brand dilution and private label threat
- The Future of Ethical Food and Drinks: Growth opportunities in organic and sustainable products and packaging
- Future Convenience Food And Drinks: New opportunities in a developed market
- Innovation in Gourmet and Specialty Food and Drinks: Market evolution and NPD in super-premium and healthy products