Recently published research from Business Insights, "The Role of Carbon Footprint Reduction in the Food and Drink Industry", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/05/2012 -- Reaching consensus on measuring and reporting carbon footprint, reducing carbon emissions while maintaining or improving cost efficiencies, as well as dealing with legal imperatives to reduce emissions and understanding consumer attitudes to sustainability are just some of the challenges that the food and drinks industry must face if it is to meet future demand for carbon reduction effectively.
- Understand the commercial, legal, and consumer imperatives which drive the need for carbon reduction and reporting in the food and drink industry.
- Gain an insight into the significant sources of carbon emissions in the food and drink supply chain - and measures being taken to reduce them.
- Assess the different issues surrounding carbon footprint measuring and reporting, including the complexities of carbon footprint labeling.
- Understand how carbon emissions reduction can take place at the same time as maintaining or improving productivity and efficiency.
- Gain an insight into how carbon emissions reduction and carbon footprint labeling will need to develop if it is to make progress in the long term.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Given consumer, commercial, and legal imperatives for action on carbon emissions reduction, carbon footprinting will remain a permanent part of the food and drink landscape. What is less certain is whether carbon footprint reduction will drive consumer purchasing decisions, or whether reporting carbon footprint drives meaningful carbon reduction.
The term carbon footprint is ubiquitous in the public sphere but agreement on how to measure it is not clear: should it include indirect emissions or simply direct emissions? In many cases the ability to take the more comprehensive approach by including indirect emissions is limited by data quality and the ability to procure it from suppliers.
Overcoming the lack of consumer engagement and understanding of what carbon footprint measurement and reduction means in real terms is one of the first and most significant challenges that food and drinks manufacturers will have to overcome. Reaching a critical mass of carbon footprint labeling will be a key driver of this.
Reasons to Get this Report
- What do consumers think about sustainability and why should the industry act when consumer buying behavior doesn't match up to their attitudes?
- What are the major legal frameworks in place to encourage and enforce carbon reduction and how do they apply to the food and drink industry?
- Which non-governmental bodies are having an impact on carbon reduction in the food and drink industry? What is their approach to helping businesses?
- What are the key challenges involved in comprehensive carbon footprint labeling programs? How can they be overcome?
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Amer Sports Corporation, Banco Santander, S.A., CMS Energy Corporation, ERGO Versicherungsgruppe AG, HSBC Holdings plc, Hutchison 3G UK Limited, Informa plc, J Sainsbury plc, Lloyds Banking Group plc, Odwalla, Inc., Oxford University Press, Queensland University of Technology, Schindler Holding Ltd., Unilever, Uralsvyazinform OJSC
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Sustainability Management in the Food and Drink Manufacturing Industry 2010-2012: Market Opportunities, Food and Drink Manufacturing Industry Buyer Demand, Post Recession Dynamics and Business Trends Forecast
- Competition for Share of Sustainability Expenditure in the Food and Drink Manufacturing Industry 2010-2012: Green Marketing Strategies and Drivers, Food and Drink Supplier Expenditure Activity, and Impact on Profitability
- Global Food Industry Survey 2012-2013: Industry Dynamics, Market Trends and Opportunities, Buyer Spend and Procurement Strategies
- The Future of Sustainable Food and Beverage Packaging
- Global Food and Beverage Survey 2012-2013: Market Trends, Buyer Spend and Procurement Strategies in the Global Food and Beverage Industry
- Global Food Survey 2012-2013: Market Trends, Marketing Spend and Sales Strategies in the Food Industry
- What The Global Food & Drinks Manufacturing Industry Is Planning In 2010-2011: Procurement, Investment & Industry Trends Outlook
- Lifestyle Food and Drinks :Future product opportunities from changing consumer attitudes
- Competing For Share Of Global Food & Drinks Manufacturing Spend In 2010-2011: Supplier Marketing & Sales Strategies & Outlook
- Offering Ethicality & Sustainability in Food & Drinks