Los Angeles, CA -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/02/2013 -- Holidays can be a time of overindulgence with even the best efforts to stay on track with a diet or nutrition program. But overindulgence, or even minor indulgence, doesn’t need to derail a nutritional regimen completely. Follow these steps below to recover from holiday parties and occasional overindulgences.
- Plan to increase water intake for the next few days to fight off constipation, fatigue, and flush out toxins in the system from the overindulgence in food.
- Be sure to eat a high-fiber, protein filled breakfast to reset the body’s metabolic functions back to normal.
- Resume eating every 3-4 hours to keep satiated throughout the day rather than overindulging all at one meal. Monitor portion sizes, and stop eating when the body begins to feel full, not when it’s already stuffed.
- Consume fruits and vegetables with every meal, and include as snacks to keep cravings for sweets under control and balance out the nutritional palate.
- Continue consumption of carbohydrates, but switch from white bread and pasta to whole grains such as brown rice, oats, and quinoa along with legumes for added fiber and satiety.
- Snack on high-protein, low-calorie foods such as boiled eggs or peanut butter with fruit.
- Try to cut back on alcohol consumption or limit the consumption to only one drink per day.
By following these tips, the food overindulgence will soon be a thing of the past, and the diet or nutritional program one has been following will be back on track before the next round of holiday get-togethers. In addition to eating healthy, be sure to remain active with a workout program, or add some extra activity into the day to keep the body’s systems functioning properly and improve overall mood and wellness.
Expert Brand has all the performance apparel to make running or walking a pleasant activity. The website http://expertbrand.com has a great selection and is easy to shop. Use the Expert10 at checkout to save.
About Expert Brand
Expert Performance is a vertically integrated manufacturer of Performance Apparel. We have been making products both domestically and overseas for more than twenty years. Expert has been a leading innovator in the design and development of smart fabric technology to create and manufacture fashionable, high quality, functional garments for the active lifestyle, athletic, and sportswear markets. Our line of basic and specialty products cater to the needs of distributors, decorators, and retailers. We are proud to offer profitable opportunities to you, our partner.
For more information, visit Expert Brand’s website at http://expertbrand.com.
Director of Marketing / Media & PR