Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/21/2014 -- The tobacco industry is taking its packaging increasingly seriously, using it as a means to convey an image to consumers, given the restrictions on advertising and promotions. The largest trend in tobacco packaging in the latter part of the review period was automation, where pressing on an area of the pack opens the top. Variants include slide packs, such as Benson & Hedges, Marlboro lighter/Zipp and Davidoff iD Touch Orange, which was launched in 2012. A recent addition is the Glide Tec opening, which flips open when the front section is slid up, as used by Imperial's Lambert & Butler brand, with the packaging introduced in the UK at the end of 2011.
Plain packaging is expected for the tobacco industry in the future, as Scotland took a stance in 2013 to make the country "tobacco free" by 2034, and the rest of the UK is expected to follow suit. Manufacturers ability to glamorise smoking and use branding on packaging will soon come to an end.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Tobacco Packaging industry in United Kingdom with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Tobacco Packaging industry in United Kingdom, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Tobacco Packaging in United Kingdom market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes in units and filled volumes
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the total unit volume of tobacco packaging in United Kingdom?
- What are the major tobacco pack types in United Kingdom?
- How is legislation impacting on cigarette pack size in United Kingdom?
- How is consumer shift between soft and hard packs affecting the pack mix?
- What are the most dynamic pack types within tobacco?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Cigarettes, Cigars, Smokeless Tobacco, Smoking Tobacco.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Manufacturing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Baby Food Packaging in the United Arab Emirates
- Sauces, Dressings and Condiments Packaging in the United Arab Emirates
- Canned/Preserved Food Packaging in the United Arab Emirates
- Dairy Packaging in the United Arab Emirates
- Confectionery Packaging in the United Arab Emirates
- Hot Drinks Packaging in the United Arab Emirates
- Beauty and Personal Care Packaging in the United Arab Emirates
- Soft Drinks Packaging in the United Arab Emirates
- Alcoholic Drinks Packaging in the United Arab Emirates
- Home Care Packaging in the United Arab Emirates