Rochester, MN -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/14/2019 -- When the August heat hits the streets of Rochester, residents often turn to their greatest resource for cool comfort—water. Water plays a major role in the lives of all homeowners, which is why conserving it should be a top priority. And there is no better time to celebrate the importance of water than during this National Water Quality Month. To explain why the conservation of water is so important, here are three surprising statistics:
-Each American uses an average of 88 gallons of water a day at home.
-Turning off the tap while brushing your teeth can save 8 gallons of water per day.
-Letting your faucet run for five minutes while washing dishes can waste 10 gallons of water.
Tonna Mechanical not only provides Grade A air conditioning installation in Kasson, MN, but it is also a leader in water treatment solutions in the area. To bring awareness to Water Quality Month, the company is sharing seven proactive methods to conserve water this summer.
1. Reduce showers by 2 minutes.
2. Wash fruit in a bowl instead of rinsing it with running water.
3. Use bath towels more than once, so the washing machine is utilized less often.
4. Kindly say no to an extra glass of water at a restaurant.
5. Collect rainwater in a bucket and use it to water flowers and plants.
6. Use the dishwasher, which eats up less water than hand washing dishes.
7. Hit the car wash. A home wash uses more water.
About Tonna Mechanical
For more than 40 years, Tonna Mechanical has been committed to delivering comfort to every nook and cranny of homes and businesses in the Rochester, MN, area. From heating repairs to air conditioning installation in Spring Valley, MN, and beyond, this trusted provider is known for restoring indoor comfort by using its experience and expertise in heating, cooling, ventilation, water treatment and plumbing.