Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/14/2012 -- Touch Controller IC Market - Global Forecast & Analysis (2011 - 2016) By Technology (ASIC, MCU, Custom Controllers, & Analogue Controllers), By Products Types (Resistive, Capacitive, Optical, Infrared, In-Cell, & On-Cell), By Applications (Entertainment, Infotainment, Retail, Education, Medical, Banking, & Industrial), & By Geography (North America, Europe, APAC, & ROW)
The touch controller IC market is experiencing a high growth due to the emergence of natural user interface (NUI) devices and is being predominantly driven by the rapid penetration of touch systems in consumer electronics. The touch controller IC market segmentation revolves around the four major market parameters, namely; products, applications, technology, and geography.
In 2011, revenue of the touch controller market was only 0.4% of the total semiconductor industry, which grossed $312.5 billion in the same year. By the year 2016, this share is expected to increase to 1.65%. This indicates increase in the adoption of touch controller IC for various applications. As more number of touch screen products is made available, the market will see growth in verticals such as retail, ticketing, smart advertisement, and interactive displays.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The touch controller IC market is mapped against geography in two different types; one, according to the demand shown by the particular region and, second, according to the supply of the touch controllers from various regions. The geography is divided in to four regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (ROW). The demand analysis gives insight about the four regions considered. APAC's demand is expected to grow at an astonishing CAGR of 50%, calculated from the year 2011 to 2016. The supply analysis shows the skewed figures; with more than 60% of the supply of touch controller ICs coming from North America. Most of the major touch controller IC manufacturers are headquartered in the U.S., and therefore North America has the increased share in supply. By the year 2016, the demand for the touch controller ICs from North America, Europe, and APAC is expected to account approximately 30% each.
The applications for the touch controller IC market are broadly divided in to three segments; consumer application, commercial application, and industrial application. Each of the application segments is further divided in to the specific application such as retail, education, transport, medical, entertainment, and infotainment. There is a large imbalance observed in the revenues contributed by each of the applications. In 2011, more than 80% of the revenues were contributed by the consumer application segment. This trend is due to the large volume market for the mobile phone and tablet controller ICs.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Telecom and Computing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Temperature Sensor Market: A Study of Major Sensor Types & Applications - Global Forecast & Analysis (2011-2016)
- Three-Dimensional Integrated Circuit & Through-Silicon Via Interconnects Market - Global Forecast & Trend Analysis (2011 - 2016) By Technology, Products & Applications
- Near Field Communication (NFC) Market to 2016 - Increased Availability of NFC Embedded Handsets Key for Higher Market Penetration
- Global Smart/Connected/Hybrid TV Market Forecast by Accessories, Platforms, Middleware, Application & Geography with detailed Value Chain, Competitive Landscaping and Critical Capability (Use Cases) Analysis 2011 - 2016
- Motion Sensors Market, Global Forecast & Analysis (2011 - 2016) By Technology, Application Types , and Products
- Three-dimensional (3D) Technology Market (2011 - 2016) By Products, Applications & Technology - Features Introduction To 4D Technology
- Smart Grid Technology Market - Analysis and Global Forecast by Hardware, Software & Communication Network Technologies (2011 - 2016)
- Wireless Platforms Market- Global Forecasts & Analysis (2011-2016)
- Logic Integrated Circuit (IC) Market to 2020 - Programmable Logic Devices (PLD) and Application Specific Standard Product (ASSP) Dominate with a 78% Market Share
- The Mexican Interior Products Industry, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016: Rising Exports to Drive Industry Growth