New Consumer Goods market report from Euromonitor International: "Tourism Flows Domestic in Mexico"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/20/2014 -- During 2013 domestic tourism flows saw positive performance due to the confidence in the new presidential administration, but in the last trimester the newly announced fiscal and economic reforms caused people to become more cautious in spending and that led domestic tourism flows to have only moderate growth by the end of the year when estimated GDP was announced to have a weaker performance than expected with less than 2% of growth. Also in the last quarter of 2013 tropical storms affected some of the most popular domestic destinations such as Acapulco, Ixtapa Zihuatanejo, Veracruz, Michoacan and Jalisco. Those cities struggled to be clean and safe again but thanks to government and people's support tourism was reactivated by December.
Over the forecast period the number of domestic tourists is expected to increase, as companies promote their services and the government encourages travellers to visit new destinations. The volume CAGR expected in the forecast period 2013-2018 is 4%. By 2018 the number of domestic trips is expected to reach 225 million. Also expected is an important amount of investment by hotels and low-cost airline companies to increase the accommodation offer and the frequency and number of flights. One of the main threats could be the increase in the cost of jet fuel, which may lead to an increase in air tickets rates even for low-cost companies. Such a scenario could further favour bus companies as a second option for those who want to travel and spend holidays in regional destinations. Another major threat to growth is the insecurity problem facing some regions of the country; however, local and federal government offices are developing strategies to protect tourists and eliminate violence for drug trafficking or political issues.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Tourism Flows Domestic industry in Mexico with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Tourism Flows Domestic industry in Mexico, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Tourism Flows Domestic in Mexico market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation
- Historic volumes and values
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Tourism Flows Domestic in Mexico?
- How dependent is Mexico on domestic tourism expenditure?
- What are the most popular destinations for domestic visitors?
- Which regions have the greatest number of star ratings?
Reasons to Get this Report:
- Gain competitive intelligence
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Domestic Tourism By Destination, Domestic Tourism Travel By Purpose Of Visit.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Tourism Flows Domestic in Denmark
- Travel and Tourism in China to 2017
- Travel and Tourism in France to 2017
- Tourism Flows Domestic in China
- Tourism Flows Domestic in the Czech Republic
- Travel and Tourism in Denmark to 2017
- Tourism Flows Domestic in Hungary
- Travel and Tourism in Egypt to 2018
- Tourism Flows Domestic in Bulgaria
- Travel and Tourism in the UAE to 2018