Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/13/2014 -- The performance of both hotels and other accommodation improved in 2012. Current value sales posted by hotels rose by 1% in 2012 and by other accommodation by 2%. Total travel accommodation saw retail value sales growth of 1% in 2012 and reached CZK36.5 billion. Revival of both incoming and domestic tourism volume numbers has been the most important factor impacting the category.
Travel accommodation remains fragmented. The number of accommodation outlets moreover increased by nearly 2% in 2012, at the same pace as hotels as well as other travel accommodation. The majority of operators run only one outlet and therefore only a few large chained hotels hold a share of total value sales bigger than 2%. The ranking of the top companies remained the same in 2012 as in previous year with no major entrants to the Czech accommodation market over the review period.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The increase in tourist flows will continue to positively influence revenues from travel accommodation over the forecast period. Travel accommodation retail value sales are expected to see an 8% increase (at constant 2012 prices) towards 2017. Total value sales increase will be also supported by the increased VAT that became effective in 2013. The main trend over the forecast period is expected to be a further increase in the share of chained hotels, whilst independent competitors are expected to show stagnation.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Travel Accommodation industry in Czech Republic with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Travel Accommodation industry in Czech Republic, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Travel Accommodation in Czech Republic market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Travel Accommodation in Czech Republic?
- What are the major brands in Czech Republic?
- What is the rate of development for chained hotels vs independent hotels?
- How are luxury hotels performing compared to mid-priced and budget hotels?
- Is there an increase in hostels and campsites?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Travel and Tourism in the Czech Republic to 2017
- Travel and Tourism in Dominican Republic
- Travel and Tourism in Central African Republic
- Travel and Tourism in Poland to 2017
- Global Business Traveler Survey 2013: Hotel Accommodation, Selection Criteria and Customer Expectations of New Technology, Promotions and Services
- Hotels in the Netherlands to 2017: Market Databook
- European Business Traveler Survey 2013: Hotel Accommodation, Selection Criteria and Customer Expectations of New Technology, Promotions and Services
- Travel Accommodation in South Africa
- Travel Accommodation in Australia
- Travel Accommodation in France