Trawick International

Trawick International Discusses Traveling Abroad with Children

Travel insurance provider Trawick International would like to highlight some tips for parents that plan on traveling with their children internationally during the summer or any time of the year.


Mobile, AL -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/29/2016 -- Parents should know that international travel involving children has become significantly more stringent to reduce child custody disputes, illegal trafficking, and kidnappings. Parents may wish to bring along their child's birth certificate, and even a notarized note that states the other parent has allowed the child to travel internationally is a good idea. Any child that is under the age of 18 will need to have notarized permission from both parents unless he or she is traveling with both parents. If the child is traveling with a guardian, he or she will also need to have proof of guardianship.

A child that is under the age of 14 and does not have a valid United States passport will also need to have proof of consent from both parents or a guardian when applying for a passport. It is best that both parents be present during this time but if one parent cannot attend then he or she should provide a notarized statement of permission.

About Trawick International
Founded in 1998, Trawick International is a leading provider of travel insurance for domestic and international travelers whose mission is to provide high-quality, affordable travel insurance products that meet the needs of clients traveling outside of their home country. The company provides an extensive amount of plans and coverage including trip protection and cancellation, group travel insurance, missionary travel insurance, and student insurance for those planning on studying abroad. For more information call 888-301-9289.