New Pharmaceuticals research report from Datamonitor is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/09/2012 -- The colon cancer pipeline has grown as pharmaceutical companies are attracted by the high incidence and success of other developers. Cytotoxics will remain an integral part of treatment, but with key brands expected to come off patent over the forecast period and the approval of new therapies, treatment of this growing market is set to evolve.
- Disease overview assessing, etiology, risk factors, screening procedures, and patient segmentation
- In-depth analysis of most common treatment types according to stage at diagnosis and patient characteristics
- Analysis of physician prescribing trends in the seven major markets across all stages of disease
- Analysis of possible future treatment trends with regard to targeted therapies and companion diagnostics
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The standard of care for Stage I-III colon cancer is based around surgical resection. Advanced Stage II and Stage III tumors often require additional therapy in combination with surgery. FOLFOX accounts for 50% of the Stage IIIb market and is the preferred adjuvant chemotherapy regimen in all major pharmaceutical markets, except the UK.
First-line treatment of metastatic colon cancer is based on chemotherapy. Bevacizumab plus FOLFOX remains the most prescribed first-line regimen in less cost-conservative markets. However, in almost all pharmaceutical markets FOLFOX remains the chemotherapy of choice over FOLFIRI despite similar clinical efficacy in the metastatic setting.
Datamonitor's survey indicated that the use of targeted therapies in the first- and second-line settings will increase. Increasing pressure to demonstrate cost-effectiveness of drugs and anticipated approval of new targeted therapies means the use of companion diagnostics will play an increasingly important role in the treatment of colon cancer
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain insight into the treatment strategies and prescribing trends of 126 physicians treating colon cancer across the seven major markets
- Excel deliverable contains extensive treatment trees for each disease stage and country, including percentages and patient numbers
- Assess colon cancer market potential by identifying where treatment options are not fulfilling patient needs and how physicians select drugs
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Cytotoxic Therapies Market to 2017 - Launch of Next Generation Camptothecin Analogues Will Help Offset Revenue Loss due to Generic Erosion
- Ovarian Cancer Therapeutics - Global Drug Forecasts and Treatment Analysis 2020
- Treatment Algorithms: Rectal Cancer - Inclusion of chemoradiation can influence treatment and prescribing trends
- Oncology Therapeutics Market to 2017 - High Unmet Need in the Management and Treatment of Metastatic Cancers to Drive Drug Development
- AEterna Zentaris Inc. (AEZ) - Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Pain Management Therapeutics Market to 2017 - Price Competition to Intensify Following Patent Expiries of Lyrica and Cymbalta
- Type 2 Diabetes - Global Drug Forecasts and Treatment Analysis to 2020
- Cell Therapeutics, Inc. (CTIC) - Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Orphan Diseases Therapeutics in Oncology to 2018 - Strongly Diversified Developmental Pipelines Indicate Long-Term Growth Potential despite Moderate Scope of Current Late Stage Molecules
- Genentech, Inc. (DNA) - Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare - Deals and Alliances Profile