Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/29/2012 -- Datamonitor estimates the antidyslipidemic drug-treated population at 53.2 million patients in the Chinese market, with obesity and diabetes the most common co-morbidities. Statins are the dominant treatment for high cholesterol while fibrates are more used for hypertriglyceridemia. Traditional Chinese medicines are the second most popular choice to treat hypercholesterolemia.
- Follow patient segmentation and treatment pathways for dyslipidemia in China.
- Gain insight into the most commonly used therapies in China for pure hypercholesterolemia, pure hypertriglyceridemia, and mixed hyperlipidemia.
- Understand prescribing trends and their affect on treatment regimens.
- Identify unmet needs, especially within dyslipidemic sub-populations, which represent market opportunities in China.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Not all patients are available for drug treatment due to the low diagnosis rate, low compliance rates, and therapeutic lifestyle management as the first line of treatment. Only 43% of dyslipidemia patients are reported diagnosed in China.
In China, statins dominate treatment regimens (monotherapies and combination therapies) for both pure hypercholesterolemia (82% of patients) and mixed hyperlipidemia (76% of patients).
The extremely low awareness of dyslipidemia was reflected in Datamonitor's physician survey, in which physicians put "more studies to provide evidence" and "improve patient awareness" on top of the list of unmet clinical needs.
Reasons to Get this Report
- Which antidyslipidemics drug classes and molecules are prescribed for each dyslipidemia subgroup in China?
- What factors influence Chinese physician prescribing decisions?
- What are the highest priority needs in the Chinese dyslipidemia market?
- What co-morbidities and co-indications are prevalent in dyslipidemia patients to impact prescribing decisions?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Treatment Algorithms: Dyslipidemia - Statin monotherapies dominate the market but uncontrolled lipid levels remain an issue
- Tongjitang Chinese Medicines Company (TCM) - Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Treatment Algorithms: Rectal Cancer - Inclusion of chemoradiation can influence treatment and prescribing trends
- Commercial Insight: Hepatitis B in China
- Treatment Algorithms: Colon Cancer - Treatment dictated by stage, prior therapy, and reimbursement
- Generics in Cardiovascular Diseases Market to 2018 - Loss of Lipitor Market Exclusivities and Impending Patent Expirations of Plavix to Drive Generic Substitution
- Metabolic Disorders Therapeutics Market to 2017 - Patent Expiry of Lipitor in 2011 will Negatively Impact Dyslipidemia Market Value
- Treatment Algorithms: Type 2 Diabetes - Novel classes drive fragmentation of treatment choices in type 2 diabetes
- Anti-Inflammatory Therapeutics Market to 2017 - Respiratory Diseases and Arthritis Continue to Dominate
- Treatment Algorithms: Schizophrenia - New antipsychotic launches underwhelm