Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/24/2012 -- The rectal cancer pipeline has grown as pharmaceutical companies are attracted by the high incidence and success of other developers. Cytotoxics will remain an integral part of treatment, but with key brands expected to come off patent over the forecast period and the approval of new therapies, treatment of this growing market is set to evolve.
- Disease overview assessing, etiology, risk factors, screening procedures, and patient segmentation
- In-depth analysis of most common treatment types according to stage at diagnosis and patient characteristics
- Analysis of physician prescribing trends in the seven major markets across all stages of disease
- Analysis of possible future treatment trends with regard to targeted therapies and companion diagnostics
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The standard of care for Stage I-III rectal cancer is based around surgical resection. The use of radiotherapy-based treatment increases with stage, with 66% of Stage IIIc patients treated with surgery and chemoradiation. However, Japanese physicians interviewed indicated that they did not use chemoradiation.
First-line treatment of metastatic rectal cancer is based on chemotherapy. Datamonitor's survey indicated that 85% of Stage IV patients receive treatment containing chemotherapy, and 34% receive chemotherapy without any additional therapy. The use of chemoradiation in the first-line setting can impact treatment choices in the second-line.
Datamonitor's survey indicated that the use of targeted therapies in the first- and second-line settings will increase. Increasing pressure to demonstrate cost-effectiveness of drugs and anticipated approval of new targeted therapies means the use of companion diagnostics will play an increasingly important role in the treatment of rectal cancer
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain insight into the treatment strategies and prescribing trends of 127 physicians treating rectal cancer across the seven major markets
- Excel deliverable contains extensive treatment trees for each disease stage and country, including percentages and patient numbers
- Assess rectal cancer market potential by identifying where treatment options are not fulfilling patient needs and how physicians select drugs
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Treatment Algorithms: Colon Cancer - Treatment dictated by stage, prior therapy, and reimbursement
- Prescribing Trends in Opioids - Driven by Efficacy Advantages, Opioids to Remain the Mainstay of Breakthrough Pain Management
- Ovarian Cancer Therapeutics - Global Drug Forecasts and Treatment Analysis 2020
- Treatment Algorithms: Psoriasis - Prescribing trends mirror guidelines
- Oncology Therapeutics Market to 2017 - High Unmet Need in the Management and Treatment of Metastatic Cancers to Drive Drug Development
- Treatment Algorithms: Schizophrenia - New antipsychotic launches underwhelm
- Treatment Algorithms: Dyslipidemia - Statin monotherapies dominate the market but uncontrolled lipid levels remain an issue
- Cytotoxic Therapies Market to 2017 - Launch of Next Generation Camptothecin Analogues Will Help Offset Revenue Loss due to Generic Erosion
- Treatment Algorithms: Type 2 Diabetes - Novel classes drive fragmentation of treatment choices in type 2 diabetes
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH) Therapeutics - Global Drug Forecasts and Treatment Analysis to 2020