Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Turkey Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2014", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/08/2014 -- Although we hold a positive view on Turkey's Consumer Electronics Market's long-term growth outlook, our real GDP forecasts reflect a downside in the next few years. This is the result of less abundant foreign capital inflows and slowing domestic credit growth, both key drivers of Turkey's economy. Despite an expected short-term moderation therefore, Turkey's consumer electronics market is well positioned to outperform most other emerging Europe markets. Demand is expected to increase at 5.8 % CAGR through to 2018 , driven by the growing popularity of digital lifestyle devices such as flat-panel TV sets, smartphones, notebook computers and digital cameras, as well as rising incomes and lower prices.
Headline Expenditure Projections
Computer Hardware Sales: USD5.4bn in 2013 to USD4.9bn in 2014, -9.2% in US dollar terms. The PC market is forecast to be hit by depreciation of the lira, as well as declining demand for desktops and notebooks.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
AV Sales: USD2.1bn in 2013 to USD2.2bn in 2014, +7% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms unchanged, with sales dominated by TV replacements/upgrades, and smart TVs expected to outperform.
Handset Sales: USD5.0bn in 2013 to USD5.2bn in 2014, +3.3% in US dollar terms. Smartphone penetration will continue to rise, but as market saturation approaches and price competition intensifies, increases in market value will be relatively subdued.
Key Trends & Developments
- The prospect of political risk factors becoming a drag on consumer electronics growth was raised when in March 2014 the telecoms authority of Turkey, TIB, banned the streaming video-sharing website YouTube, a day after an Ankara court ordered TIB to lift the ban on social networking website Twitter. The action was taken after an audio recording of what seemed to be a leaked conversation among Turkish officials regarding possible military operations in Syria was posted on the website. Although the fact the bans were revoked by the...
The Turkey Consumer Electronics Report has been researched at source and features latest-available data covering both the manufacture and sale of consumer electronics products, critically analysing - and forecasting - the market dynamics affecting each sub-sector, including audio-visual, computers, mobile handsets, gaming and automotives electronics. Furthermore, the report analyses the domestic and global economic trends driving device demand and provides company rankings and competitive landscapes covering leading multinational and national consumer electronics companies and analysis of latest industry news and trends in Turkey.
Business Monitor International (BMI)'s Turkey Consumer Electronics Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, business investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the consumer electronics industry in Turkey.
- Benchmark BMI's independent consumer electronics industry forecasts for Turkey to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Turkish consumer electronics market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Turkey through our reviews of latest industry trends and major deals, projects and investments.
- Exploit the latest competitive intelligence with company SWOT analyses.
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering consumer electronics, major investments and projects.
Consumer Electronics Market
Analysis of the size of the domestic market for electronics products, with in-depth assessment and data covering the dynamics driving each sub-sector; audio-visual, computers, mobile phone handsets and gaming devices, as well as demand for automotives electronics.
Analysis and data of the domestic electronics manufacturing sector. We assess the regulatory and business operational issues facing manufacturers - including openness to foreign investment, infrastructure, IP issues and the global demand context - and their impact on the production of electronics goods, which is again broken down via market sub-sectors.
Industry Forecast Scenario
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry and economic indicators (see list below), supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key risks to the main forecast, covering computers, communications and gaming devices. Indicators include:
Industry value (US$bn); population (mn); nominal GDP (US$bn); real GDP growth (%), GDP per capita, industrial production Index (% y-o-y ave.) unemployment % of labour force.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Philippines Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2014
- Bulgaria Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2014
- Peru Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2014
- Bahrain Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2014
- South Korea Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2014
- Poland Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2014
- Malaysia Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2014
- Egypt Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2014
- India Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2014
- Serbia Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2014