Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Turkey Information Technology Report Q1 2015", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/01/2014 -- Our core scenario for Turkey is bullish over the medium term as a convergence of income growth, declining device prices, inward investment and domestic modernisation initiatives drive demand growth. Turkey has seen foreign investment in ICT rise over the last three years and it is increasingly viewed as a regional hub, with a strategic geographical location. Meanwhile, the government will also be a positive factor through a supportive policy umbrella and its goals for Vision 2023. However, there exists significant downside risk, from both the vulnerability of the economy to external shocks and the increasing concerns about the domestic political situation. Internet censorship is a growing characteristic of the Erdogan administration and could put off some investors from investing in internet start-ups, while an escalation of the eurozone crisis, a hard landing in China or a deterioration of the regional security situation could all derail growth.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Headline Expenditure Projections
Computer Hardware: TRY11.6bn in 2014 to TRY12.7bn in 2015, +9.2%. Consumer purchases of tablets and notebooks expected to grow in 2014, while government investment in IT for education will add to growth momentum.
Software: TRY2.1bn in 2014 to TRY2.5bn in 2014, +18.9%. Consumer software spending will remain flat in 2014, but we expect ERP spending will grow, particularly among SMEs as the SaaS market deepens.
Services: TRY2.9bn in 2014 to TRY3.3bn in 2014, +14.6%. The outsourcing market in Turkey is primed for strong growth, with low adoption rates but large potential cost savings. We also identify strong prospects for cloud computing growth as telecoms operators invest in infrastructure and service development.
Key Trends And Developments
- Turkey further tightened state control over the internet with President Tayyip Erdogan's approval of a new law on September 11, adding to concerns over the Turkish administration's politicisation of the ICT industry....
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Computer Technology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Mexico Information Technology Report Q1 2015
- Chile Information Technology Report Q1 2015
- Indonesia Information Technology Report Q1 2015
- Hungary Information Technology Report Q1 2015
- Philippines Information Technology Report Q1 2015
- Czech Republic Information Technology Report Q1 2015
- Sri Lanka Information Technology Report Q1 2015
- Slovenia Information Technology Report Q1 2015
- Peru Information Technology Report Q1 2015
- Israel Information Technology Report Q1 2015