Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Turkey Mining Report 2012", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/31/2012 -- We are positive on the prospects of the Turkish mining industry due to the series of gold projects that will be coming online during the forecast period and also due to the government's plans to ramp up domestic coal production to reduce import reliance. Beyond coal and gold, the country is a major industrial mineral miner and has a thriving natural stones and industrial minerals mining sector.
Global Leader In Boron And Marble
Turkey is home to 866kt of borix oxide reserves, which according to estimates from state-owned Eti Maden constitutes 72% of global reserves. The global boron mining industry is very small. Eti Maden, together with Rio Tinto's US Borax, are already responsible for nearly 75% of total global boron production.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Turkey's natural stone mining sector is also globally competitive. There are about 1,500 natural stone quarries in the country, which supply 2,000 factories, 9,000 workshops and employs around 300,000 people. Of the country's estimated 5.2bnt of natural stone reserves, marble constitutes 3.8bnt of the total.
According to the country's Export Promotion Center (IGEME) 2010 Natural Stone Report, most of the country's reserves are located in the provinces of Afyon, Balikesir, Mugla, Eskisehir, Denizli, Tokat, Canakkale, Konya, Bilecik, Kirsehir and Elazig.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Global Mining Survey 2012-2013: Market Trends, Marketing Spend and Sales Strategies in the Global Mining Industry
- Global Mining Survey 2012-2013: Market Trends, Buyer Spend and Procurement Strategies in the Global Mining Industry
- Industry Dynamics, Growth, Threats & Opportunities in the Mining Industry - 2012-2013 : Survey Intelligence
- Buyer Spend Activity and Procurement Behaviors and Strategies in the Mining Industry - 2012-2013 : Survey Intelligence
- Mining Quarterly Deal Analysis: M&A and Investment Trends - Q1 2012
- Mining Monthly Deal Analysis - April 2012: M&A and Investment Trends
- Mining Monthly Deal Analysis - May 2012: M&A and Investment Trends
- Supplier Marketing Spend Activity, Marketing and Sales Behaviors and Strategies in the Mining Industry - 2012-2013 : Survey Intelligence
- Asia-Pacific Uranium Mining Regulatory and Fiscal Regime Report, 2012 - Regulatory Framework, Rights and Obligations and Key Fiscal Terms
- Business Indicators in the Mining Industry - 2012-2013 : Survey Brief