New Pharmaceuticals research report from GlobalData is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/26/2014 -- The Crohn's disease (CD) market is currently very dynamic, with novel biologic therapies on the horizon. These compounds will challenge the current biologics in an attempt to dislodge the stronghold of the TNF inhibitors, as they aim to tap into the lucrative portion of the CD therapeutics market. If their promising safety and efficacy profiles translate to clinical practice once they enter the market, their launch will be to the detriment of the existing market leaders, Remicade (infliximab) and Humira (adalimumab).The loss of patent protection of the anti-TNF marketed brands will allow for the emergence of biosimilars, such as Hospira's Inflectra (infliximab) a Remicade biosimilar. Focusing on country dynamics, Canada and the emerging markets of China and India will also play a key role in driving growth in the long term, with each market forecast to post positive Compound Annual Growth Rates (CAGRs) from 2012 to 2022, primarily due to the anticipated strong uptake of Remicade over the forecast period.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Tysabri (natalizumab), which was discovered by Elan, is a recombinant humanized immunoglobulin G4 (IgG4) mAb that acts as a selective a-4 integrin inhibitor. It binds to the a4-subunit of a4B1 and a4B7 integrins expressed on the surface of leukocytes and inhibits their a4-mediated adhesion to mucosal VCAM-1 and MadCAM-1 receptors, respectively. Disruption of these molecular interactions prevents transmigration of leukocytes across the endothelium into inflamed tissue. Tysabri was initially approved for the treatment of MS, and gained approval in the US in 2008 for use in CD as a second-line therapy.
- Overview of Crohn's disease (CD), including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Tysabri including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Tysabri for the top six countries from 2012 to 2022.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and China
Reasons to Get this Report
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Crohn's disease
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Tysabri performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Tysabri from 2012-2022 in top six countries (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and China)
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Tysabri (Multiple Sclerosis) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Multiple Sclerosis - US Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Multiple Sclerosis - China Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Multiple Sclerosis - Japan Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Multiple Sclerosis - India Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Multiple Sclerosis - Italy Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Multiple Sclerosis - Spain Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Multiple Sclerosis - France Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Multiple Sclerosis - Canada Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Multiple Sclerosis - United Kingdom Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022