New Retailing research report from Verdict Research is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/13/2013 -- The UK clothing & footwear market has continued to suffer in 2012 as weak consumer confidence and job cuts keep volume growth muted, and low levels of footfall keeps discounting activity high. This report examines the prospects for the market over the next five years to 2017, analysing issues such as the impact of the economy, as well as the performances of both specialists and non-specialists.
- Understand which categories within clothing & footwear will perform the best and offer the most opportunities, using our expenditure forecasts to 2017
- Use our market share and channels of distribution to find out which retailers and channels pose the biggest threat
- Discover our comprehensive analysis of the key issues set to impact the clothing & footwear market over the next five years
- Identify the market growth drivers and inhibitors and implement our strategies to improve sales growth potential
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Recovery in 2013 will be far more gradual than initially anticipated, with consumers remaining very cautious with spending on discretionary items, particularly since the cost of food and household commodities remain high. However, consumer confidence will gradually improve, accelerating expenditure growth and volumes of clothing and footwear items.
Growth in clothing specialists' sales will be three times that of footwear specialists between 2012 and 2017, with higher inflation and a return to purchasing good value for money clothing driving the market.
New entrants to the UK clothing market will approach it more cautiously than pre-recession, preferring to open destination, flagship stores, which showcase the whole range, in few, high footfall locations rather than rolling out stores in every major city and town - keeping specialist space growth more muted than historically.
Reasons to Get this Report
- What is the clothing & footwear market size and how will it develop over the next five years?
- Which channels have performed the best over the last five years, and which channels have seen their share of the market decline?
- What are the key issues that will impede or maximise future growth opportunities?
- What strategies can I put in place to help drive sales and protect sales densities and profitability from falling?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Retailing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Global Clothing, Footwear, Accessories and Luxury Goods Specialists Market Size and Forecast to 2016
- Global Clothing, Footwear, Accessories and Luxury Goods Specialists Market Size and Forecast to 2015
- UK Annual Forecasts 2010-2015: Clothing & Footwear
- Apparel, Accessories, Luggage and Leather Goods Retailing in Europe to 2016: Market Guide
- Apparel, Accessories, Luggage and Leather Goods Retailing in Emerging Markets to 2016: Market Guide
- Apparel, Accessories, Luggage and Leather Goods Retailing in G20 to 2016: Market Guide
- Apparel, Accessories, Luggage and Leather Goods Retailing in Asia-Pacific: Market Guide to 2016
- Specialist Retailers in Europe to 2016: Market Guide
- Retail Forecasts H1 2012: UK Clothing & Footwear
- Specialist Retailers in G20 to 2016: Market Guide
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-321-1250 (International)