Fast Market Research recommends "UK Annual Forecasts 2012-17: DIY & Gardening" from Verdict Research, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/25/2013 -- In 2013, the DIY & gardening sector grows again as gardening rebounds strongly from its tough 2012. Growth continues up to 2017 as DIY grows again as the housing market improves and gardening stays strong. However, there are significant changes within the sector. Non-specialists will gain a greater market share and specialists are striking a balance between reducing space while maintaining sales.
- Utilise our strategies for success to improve performance and gain a insight into what issues will impact the DIY & gardening market in the future.
- Strategically plan product mix to maximise sales with forecasts and analysis for a number of categories within the market up to 2017.
- Gain a greater understanding of how DIY specialists & superstores will perform over the next five years in sales, store numbers, space and densities.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Growth returns to the market in 2013 as the gardening sector recovers from its poor 2012 when the poor weather impacted sales. The DIY sub-sector grows again in 2014 as the housing market improves and gains momentum later in the period as shoppers redecorate their home. Gardening stays buoyant up to 2017 as it is used more as a social space.
Non-specialists are set to gain a greater share of the DIY & gardening market with garden centres being the main beneficiary as more shoppers convert their garden into an extra room and become more of a destination for shoppers with restaurants to encourage dwell time. Grocers also gain share as they can offer lower prices and greater convenience.
With challenging conditions for DIY, retailers are actively aiming to exit from unprofitable space and make remaining space work harder. From 2012 to 2017, specialist space is forecast to fall by 3.0%, through stores being closed and space being sub-let to other retailers. With stronger sales during this period, we expect densities to increase.
Reasons to Get this Report
- How big is the DIY & gardening market, how will it change over the next five years and what will drive this difference?
- When will growth return to the sub-categories in DIY & gardening and how will they perform over the next five years?
- Which products and events will be driving growth and which channels are set to gain a greater share of the market?
- What are the key issues that will impede or maximise future growth opportunities?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Retailing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- UK DIY & Gardening Retailers 2011
- Retail Forecasts H2 2012: UK DIY & Gardening
- Retail Forecasts H1 2012: UK DIY & Gardening
- UK DIY & Gardening Retailers 2012
- Retail Forecasts H2 2012: UK DIY Superstores Forecasts
- UK Annual Forecasts 2010-15: DIY & Gardening
- Global Home Improvement and Gardening Supplies Retailers Market Size and Forecast to 2016
- Retail Forecasts H2 2012: UK Sector Summary
- Retail Forecasts H1 2012: UK DIY Superstores
- Global Home Improvement and Gardening Supplies Retailers Market Size and Forecast to 2015