New Retailing research report from Verdict Research is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/05/2013 -- Grocery retailers will outperform the wider non-food market over the next five years. Health & beauty will to dominate, while in a reflection of the wider market, music & video will be decimated by digital delivery and online content. Space growth and online improvements will drive grocers growth over specialists, however the recovery of the latter in later years will intensify competition
Scope of this Report
- Discover which non-food sectors provide the most growth in grocers over the coming five years, enabling you to effectively plan your non-food strategy
- Understand the impact of the slowdown in space growth on the non-food in grocers market and adapt your strategy accordingly
- Benchmark your performance by non-food sector against the Big Four grocers and the remainder of the market in order to identify opportunities
- Perfect your space allocation by discovering effective strategies used by the Big Four grocers in their larger and smaller stores
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Non-food has struggled compared to food & grocery retail in recent years, with largely negative volume growth. Grocery retailers have benefited however, their high levels of footfall have provided them with a captive audience of shoppers looking for value and convenience in non-food
Each of the Big Four grocers will gain market share in 2013 apart from Morrisons, which will see share stall owing to its slow expansion into clothing and homewares. Tesco remains dominant thanks to its significant space advantage and market leading position in the food & grocery sector.
With the space race decidedly over among the grocers, attention now turns to smaller stores and a compelling online offer. Larger stores remain however, and the grocers must think of ways to drive footfall, using instore services for example. A clear online strategy will be important, integrating click & collect, mobile and digital delivery.
Reasons to Get this Report
- Which retailer will gain the most market share in each non-food sector in 2013 and why
- What impact will smaller stores have on non-food sales, and how will grocers incorporate an effective online offer
- How will grocers address the growth in digital delivery in the music & video market in order to steal market share from specialists
- When will volume growth return to the wider non-food market, and at what point will the grocer's value offers lose resonance with shoppers
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Retailing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- UK Town Centre Retailing 2012
- UK Out Of Town Retailing
- UK DIY & Gardening Retailers 2012