New Financial Services research report from Datamonitor is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/01/2013 -- Benchmarking cost structures is vital to understanding combined operating ratios (COR) and their effects on profitability and business performance. This brief analyzes the loss, expense, and COR of the UK private and commercial motor market at an industry level, as well as the performance ratios for the top 10 private and commercial motor insurers respectively.
- Identify the key expense pressures facing the motor insurance market.
- Benchmark your performance ratios against those of major competitors.
- Discover what actions the best performing insurers have adopted in improving operating ratios.
The private motor market's combined operating ratio (COR) recorded a significant improvement, aided by premium rate increases and a reasonably mild year. COR improved to 104.5%, down by 16.9 percentage points.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The private motor market remains unprofitable and, with competition heating up in 2012 with discounts on rates below claims inflation, the market is expected to return to a worsening COR before it can break below 100%.
The commercial motor market struggled to harden rates sufficiently to counter spiraling claims costs, achieving a small improvement in COR, which fell from 109.9% in 2010 to 104.8% in 2011.
Reasons to Get this Report
- How do your performance ratios compare to the market average and the top 10 insurers?
- Which of the market's top 10 insurers performed best in 2010?
- How has the market as a whole fared on expense and loss ratios in 2010?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Financial Services research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The Insurance Industry in Jordan, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Trends and Opportunities in the Jordanian Non-Life Insurance Industry to 2016: Market Profile
- Emerging Market and Investment Opportunities in the Chinese Motor Insurance Industry to 2016
- Emerging Market and Investment Opportunities in the Indonesian Motor Insurance Industry to 2016
- The Insurance Industry in Denmark, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Emerging Market and Investment Opportunities in the Mexican Motor Insurance Industry to 2016
- Non-Life Insurance in Poland, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Non-Life Insurance in Vietnam, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Non-Life Insurance in the Philippines, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Emerging Market and Investment Opportunities in Turkish Motor Insurance to 2016