Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Ukraine Telecommunications Report Q2 2013", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/15/2013 -- BMI View: There was strong subscription growth in the Ukrainian mobile market during 2012, with y-o-y growth of 7.3% to Q412. Operators also benefited from increases to mobile ARPU over the course of 2012. However, the growth trend is unsustainable in the medium term considering market saturation, while ARPU levels are set to decline from 2013 onwards due to increasing competition and the introduction of mobile number portability. In terms of data services, Ukraine sits at the bottom of the league table for Central And Eastern Europe, having only licensed one operator for 3G services, exacerbating the geographic difficulties of extending fixed broadband coverage.
- The uptake of broadband services is low, with penetration estimated to have reached just 15.8% at the end of 2012.
- Particularly significant is the lack of 3G service development, with 3G subscriptions accounting for just 2.3% of the mobile market at the end of 2012, by far the lowest in the region.
- Ukraine's mobile market is expected to expand by 3% in 2013, down from the strong 7% in 2012, due to market saturation and the possibility of inactive subscription deduction.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The National Commission for State Regulation of Communications and Informatization approved a draft regulation for the introduction of Mobile Number Portability (MNP) In March 2013. MNP enables subscribers to switch operators while retaining their phone number, which should help to increase competition in the market. The service is expected to be launched in Ukraine by November 30 2013, meaning it will likely have only limited impact on prices in 2013, but is expected to intensify price competition from 2014. As a result of the introduction of MNP BMI revised its ARPU forecast down this quarter.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Singapore Telecommunications Report Q2 2013
- Vietnam Telecommunications Report Q2 2013
- Poland Telecommunications Report Q2 2013
- West & Central Africa Telecommunications Report Q2 2013
- Philippines Telecommunications Report Q2 2013
- France Telecommunications Report Q2 2013
- Colombia Telecommunications Report Q2 2013
- Bangladesh Telecommunications Report Q2 2013
- India Telecommunications Report Q2 2013
- Taiwan Telecommunications Report Q2 2013