Williamstown, MA -- (SBWIRE) --02/06/2012 -- China is expected to become the largest economy in the world by 2020. This report provides historical trends and projections of the volume and wealth of China's UHNWIs by city and sector. The report also reviews these findings in an analysis of China's Wealth Management and Private Banking sector, and the opportunities therein.
- In 2011, there are 7,905 UHNWIs in China who, together, hold a total of US$1.1 trillion in wealth. UHNWI volumes increased by a significant 59% between 2007 and 2011, while wealth grew by 61% during the period.
- Going forward, the number of Chinese UHNWIs will increase by 76% to reach 13,881 individuals by 2015 with UHNWI wealth rising to US$2.1 trillion.
- The wealth of UHNWIs in Chongqing, grew by the largest margin (78%) over the review period from 2007 to 2011, followed by Chengdu, Fuzhou, Wuhan and Hangzhou. Shanghai and Beijing UHNWI wealth increased at lower rates of 29% and 21% respectively over the four year period.
- WealthInsight Ratings: Hangzhou should be at the top of the list for anyone looking to build a thriving wealth business in China. Wuhan, Chongqing, Chengdu and Fuzhou round out the top five, each presenting unique opportunities and huge market potential for the wealth industry.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The report features:
- Independent market sizing of China's UHNWI
- Most up to date and thorough analysis of the demographic breakdown of China's UHNWI, including city and sector specific data
- Volume and wealth trends from 2007 to 2011 * Volume and wealth forecasts to 2015
- Details of the development, challenges and opportunities of the Wealth Management and Private Banking sector in China
- City specific ratings
- Current insights into the drivers of HNWI wealth
- Family office information
Reasons to Get this Report
- The WealthInsight HNWI Database is an unparalleled resource and the leading database of its kind. Compiled and curated by a team of expert research specialists, the HNWI Database comprises up to one hundred data-points on over 100,000 HNWI around the world. With the HNWI Database as the foundation for our research and analysis, we are able obtain an unsurpassed level of granularity, insight and authority on the HNWI universe in each of the countries and regions we cover.
- Comprehensive forecasts to 2015.
- Information on sources of wealth for UHNWIs in each major city, by industry and other measures.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Chinese banks: , Bank of China, Agricultural Bank of China, China Construction Bank, Industrial & Commercial Bank of China, China Citic Bank, China Merchants Bank, Bank of Communications, China Minsheng Banking Corp, China Everbright Bank, Bank of Dalian, Bank of China, , Foreign banks:, , HSBC China, Citibank China, UBS AG, Deutsche Bank China, Bank of Tokyo-MUFJ, DBS China, BNP Paribas, Standard Chartered, Royal Bank of Scotland, JP Morgan Chase, Credit Agricole, , Joint ventures:, , ICBC Credit Suisse, BOC BlackRock, China Citic Bank and BBVA,, Santander CCB, Ping An Bank and HSBC, First Sino Bank and Lotus Worldwide, BoCommLife and CBA, Multi-Family Offices, Serficom Shanghai, AMC Group - Asset Management China, KCS Services Limited
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Financial Services research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Ultra HNWIs in Singapore to 2015
- Ultra HNWIs in Hong Kong to 2015
- Ultra HNWIs in India to 2015
- China - The Future of HNWIs to 2015: Opportunities for Wealth Managers and Private Banks
- India - The Future of HNWIs to 2015: Bourgeoning Wealth and Wealth Management Opportunities
- Singapore - The Future of HNWIs to 2015: Emerging Global Capital of the Wealth Sector
- Private Wealth Management India - Family Offices for Ultra-High Net worth Individual (UHNWI)
- HNWI Asset Allocation in China to 2015
- HNWI Asset Allocation in India to 2015
- HNWI Asset Allocation in Hong Kong to 2015