Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/25/2014 -- Commercial opportunities in Myanmar's healthcare sector are mainly derived from its large unmet medical needs and underinvestment. However, we maintain that significant improvements are required if Myanmar is to realise its ambitious public health insurance scheme. In addition, political uncertainties from the upcoming election in 2015 may also deter investors over the short term.
Decades of military control have meant that the majority of Myanmar's expenditure has gone into military/defence, with less spent on other sectors including health provision. As a result of low government health expenditure, healthcare access in the country is severely lacking. The country's decision to open up its economy in 2012 has attracted strong foreign interest, and saw the entry of a number of companies including Coca-Cola, British American Tobacco and Carlsberg. Pertaining to the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector, some companies that have expressed interest in the country and/or established operations in the country include: Stada, Sun Pharmaceutical, Parkway Hospital and Apollo Hospitals.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Medical Devices research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Understanding Vietnam's Regional Health Markets
- Understanding South Africa's Regional Healthcare Markets
- Understanding Turkey's Regional Health Markets
- Understanding Indonesia's Regional Health Markets
- Bayer HealthCare AG - Product Pipeline Analysis, 2013 Update
- Understanding City and Regional Health Markets in Brazil, Russia, India and China
- Understanding Chinese Regional Health Markets
- Understanding India's Regional Health Markets
- Understanding Mexico's Regional Health Markets
- Columbus Regional Healthcare System - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review