Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/05/2014 -- Our baseline scenario sees relatively solid growth over the coming quarters, with real GDP forecast to expand 3.9% and 4.1% in 2014 and 2015 respectively.
The outlook for Dubai has become more promising relative to that for Abu Dhabi, with the former benefitting from increased activity in the trade and tourism sectors, in addition to our expectation that the all-important real estate industry is now on the road to recovery.
Credit growth to the private sector will remain anaemic through 2014 as commercial banks continue to increase provisioning against potential loan losses due to the debt funding cliff.
Major Forecast Changes
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
On the back of a stronger-than-expected recovery in Dubai's residential property sector, we have revised up our 2014 average inflation forecast, and now project the headline print coming in at 2.0% this year.
Key Risks To Outlook
Any attack by Islamist militants would result in a fundamental reappraisal of both the UAE's, and the wider region, risk profile.
A further uptick in tensions between the West and Iran could result in a deterioration in the UAE's sovereign risk profile given the close proximity and deep trade ties between the two countries.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Country Reports research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- United States Business Forecast Report Q2 2014
- The Future of the Fragrances Market in the United Arab Emirates to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Savory and Deli Foods Market in the United Arab Emirates to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- United Arab Emirates Shipping Report Q2 2014
- United Arab Emirates Autos Report Q2 2014
- C4ISR Market (Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance, Land Systems, Airborne Systems and Naval Systems) Forecasts 2014 - 2019
- United Arab Emirates Real Estate Report Q2 2014
- United Arab Emirates Freight Transport Report Q2 2014
- Electronic Warfare Market Forecast Analysis (2014 - 2020)
- The Future of the Savory and Deli Foods Market in the United Arab Emirates to 2017