New Food research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/23/2014 -- We maintain our bullish outlook on the UAE's economies as a wealth of data points to continued growth. Consumer and business sentiment remains positive, underlining our particularly bright outlook for household consumption and fixed investment over the coming quarters. Following estimated real GDP growth of 4.1% in 2013, we are projecting the economy to expand by a more moderate 3.9% in 2014, before picking up to 4.1% in 2015. We forecast real private final consumption growth to come in at 6.5%. While this would be a slowdown on last year, we believe growth will average 7.3% per year between 2015 and 2017.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Headline Industry Data
- 2014 food consumption growth (local currency terms): +5.5%; compound annual growth rate (CAGR) 2013 to 2018: +6.9%.
- 2014 per capita food consumption growth (local currency terms): +3.9%; CAGR 2013 to 2018: +5.2%.
- 2014 total soft drinks sales (local currency terms): +6.0%; compound annual growth rate (CAGR) 2013 to 2018: +7.6%.
- 2014 mass grocery retail sales (local currency terms): +8.4%; compound annual growth rate (CAGR) 2013 to 2018: +10.5%.
Key Industry Trends And Developments
Nestl? To Triple Current Sales By 2020 : Nestl? announced plans in February 2014 to triple its current level of sales in the Middle East region by 2020. The company said that it expects to invest around USD400mn into building new factories and creating new brands. Nestl? has said that the reason for its expansion is down to strong levels of economic growth which will be felt across the entire region over the next several years. Currently, the company's largest market in the region is Saudi Arabia, generating around 35% of total sales volume for the region, followed by the United Arab Emirates, Lebanon, Jordan and Kuwait.
BRF Increases Stake In Federal Foods : Brazilian food company BRF increased its stake in the UAE-based Federal Foods for USD27.8mn in April 2014. In January 2013, BRF acquired a 49% interest in Federal Foods...
The United Arab Emirates Food & Drink Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts for food and drink expenditure, consumption, sales, and imports/exports and forecasts for the mass grocery retail sector. The report also includes analyses of major regulatory developments, the background macroeconomic outlook and competitive landscape comparing national and multinational companies by leading products and services, sales, investments, partners and expansion strategies.
BMI's United Arab Emirates Food & Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, business investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the food and drink industry and the mass grocery retail market in United Arab Emirates.
- Benchmark BMI's independent food and drink industry forecasts for United Arab Emirates to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Emirati food and drink market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in United Arab Emirates through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments.
- Exploit latest competitive intelligence on your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, and views, covering food and drink manufacturing and consumption and the retail market.
Business Environment Rankings
BMI's Food & Drink Business Environment Rankings provide a country-comparative Risk-Reward Rankings index aimed at investors, food and drink manufacturers and mass grocery retailers.
The rankings methodology makes sophisticated use of over 40 industry, economic and demographic data points.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the food, drink and mass grocery retail sectors, and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
BMI's food chapter is divided into sections such as Meat, Fish, Confectionary, Dairy and Canned Foods, and provides insight into a market's food industry, centred on a forecast to end-2018 for the sector. The chapter includes the following elements:
Industry Forecast Scenario - Historical data series and forecasts to end-2018 for growth of key indicators within a market's food industry. Including consumption, food consumption as % of GDP, canned food sales, confectionery sales and food and drink imports and exports, among others.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Pakistan Food & Drink Report Q4 2014
- The Future of the Savory and Deli Foods Market in the United Arab Emirates to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- Morning Goods Market in the UAE to 2017
- Cream Market in the UAE to 2017
- United Kingdom Food & Drink Report Q4 2014
- United States Food & Drink Report Q4 2014
- Mexico Food & Drink Report Q4 2014
- The Future of the Savory and Deli Foods Market in the United Arab Emirates to 2017
- Chile Food & Drink Report Q4 2014
- Puddings/Desserts Market in the UAE to 2017