Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "United Arab Emirates Shipping Report Q1 2014", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/23/2013 -- Headline Industry Data
- 2014 Jebel Ali and Port Rashid total tonnage throughput growth forecast at 5.4%, and to average 4.5% to 2018.
- Sharjah terminals container throughput (KCT and SCT) is forecast to grow by 5.9% in 2014, averaging 6.2% over the medium term.
- Jebel Ali container throughput is forecast to grow by 7.3% in 2014. Through to 2018, we expect growth to average 5.9%.
- Total trade real growth is forecast at 6.9% in 2014 and to average 5.3% through to 2018.
Key Industry Trends
GEFCO Deal Gives Hyundai Options: Hyundai Motor has reached a deal with logistics provider GEFCO, to handle the carmaker's transportation and distribution operations in Dubai for 12,000 cars a year. While the deal will give Hyundai a solid re-export hub for the region, BMI believes one of the most significant features of the deal is a new route to Iraq, where the company's sales have been curtailed by the war in Syria, which has cut off its main trade route.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
UASC To Ensure Sustainability Of Fleet: United Arab Shipping Company (UASC) plans to add 10 fuel-efficient container ships to its fleet. The firm is working with South Korean manufacturing firm Hyundai Heavy Industry to reduce the fuel consumption and running cost of the vessels, which will have the capacity to carry 14,000 or 18,000 twenty-foot equivalent units (TEUs).
Gulfnav To Exit Crude Shipping: Following a dramatic series of events, Gulf Navigation Holding (Gulfnav), the UAE-based tanker operator, has announced that it is to sell its two very large crude carriers (VLCCs), and has presumably also cancelled an expansion strategy that would have involved purchasing more of the mega vessels.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Transportation research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- United Arab Emirates Freight Transport Report Q1 2014
- United Arab Emirates Business Forecast Report Q1 2014
- United Arab Emirates Oil Markets, 2012
- United Arab Emirates Anesthesia and Respiratory Devices Investment Opportunities, Analysis and Forecasts to 2018
- United Arab Emirates Diagnostic Imaging Investment Opportunities, Analysis and Forecasts to 2018
- United Arab Emirates Cardiovascular Devices Investment Opportunities, Analysis and Forecasts to 2018
- United Arab Emirates Dental Devices Investment Opportunities, Analysis and Forecasts to 2018
- United Arab Emirates Orthopedic Devices Market Investment Opportunities, Analysis and Forecasts to 2018
- United Arab Emirates In Vitro Diagnostics Investment Opportunities, Analysis and Forecasts to 2018
- United Arab Emirates Patient Monitoring Investment Opportunities, Analysis and Forecasts to 2018