New Transportation research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/19/2013 -- The UAE will continue to dominate the Gulf region's shipping as it continues to invest heavily in its facilities. Not only has the massive Khalifa Port had a hugely successful opening in 2012, but the established behemoth, Jebel Ali, has announced plans for a new container terminal, helping it to keep ahead from the growing competition in the region. Even the smaller Sharjah terminals are performing well, with record growth in the first half of 2012. As such we project continued strong growth at the facilities, especially as the global economy looks set to continue its resurgence from the doldrums in 2013.
Headline Industry Data
- 2013 Jebel Ali and Port Rashid total tonnage throughput growth forecast at 5.7%, and to average 6.7% to 2017.
- Sharjah container throughput (KCT and SCT) is forecast to grow by 5.6% in 2013, averaging 4.6% over the medium term.
- Jebel Ali container throughput is forecast to grow by 8.3% in 2013. Through to 2017, we expect growth to average 4.8%.
- Total trade real growth is forecast at 7.0% in 2013 and to average 5.7% through to 2017.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Industry Trends
Jebel Ali To Match Technological Advancement
BMI believes that DP World's flagship port of Jebel Ali, the largest container-handling facility between Rotterdam and Singapore, will remain the premier port in the Middle East as its facilities are expanded to cope not only with growing demand but also technological developments in the container-shipping industry.
2013: A Year Of Expansion For DP World
Although 2012 was a year of divesting assets for DP World, 2013 is set to be a year of expansion for the company with its latest Brazil and UK container terminal projects to be realised and the firm's Turkey greenfield project expected to get underway.
World's Largest Containership Arrives At KCT
The UAE-based Khorfakkan Container Terminal (KCT) received the world's largest carrier, CMA CGM Marco Polo on January 6. The 16,020 TEU ship is the largest vessel ever handled by any port in the Middle East.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Transportation research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- United Arab Emirates Freight Transport Report Q1 2013
- United Arab Emirates Commercial Banking Report Q2 2013
- United Arab Emirates Business Forecast Report Q2 2013
- United Arab Emirates Anesthesia and Respiratory Devices Investment Opportunities, Analysis and Forecasts to 2018
- United Arab Emirates Cardiovascular Devices Investment Opportunities, Analysis and Forecasts to 2018
- United Arab Emirates Diagnostic Imaging Investment Opportunities, Analysis and Forecasts to 2018
- United Arab Emirates Orthopedic Devices Market Investment Opportunities, Analysis and Forecasts to 2018
- United Arab Emirates Dental Devices Investment Opportunities, Analysis and Forecasts to 2018
- United Arab Emirates In Vitro Diagnostics Investment Opportunities, Analysis and Forecasts to 2018
- United Arab Emirates Hospital Supplies Investment Opportunities, Analysis and Forecasts to 2018
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-321-1250 (International)