New Transportation research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/02/2013 -- Headline Industry Data
- 2013 Jebel Ali and Port Rashid total tonnage throughput growth forecast at 5.7%, and to average 4.8% to 2017.
- Sharjah container throughput (KCT and SCT) is forecast to grow by 11.2% in 2013, averaging 6.2% over the medium term.
- Jebel Ali container throughput is forecast to grow by 8.2% in 2013. Through to 2017, we expect growth to average 6.5%.
- Total trade real growth is forecast at 6.8% in 2013 and to average 5.7% through to 2017.
Key Industry Trends
Jebel Ali Port Opens New Container Terminal: Ali Port in Dubai opened its expanded container terminal at the close of June. The first vessel to call at the upgraded Container Terminal 2 was the MSC La Spezia, a 366m ship with a capacity of 14,000TEUs. The extension adds a further 1mn TEUs to the port's capacity, taking the total to 15mn TEUs.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Khalifa Port Container Terminal Increases Productivity By 35%: The semi-automated Khalifa Port Container Terminal in the UAE has increased its productivity at the quayside by 35% since it was officially inaugurated on September 1 2012, according to Abu Dhabi Terminals CEO Martijn Van De Linde in June. The terminal has also reduced the truck turnaround time by 64%, Linde said.
Gulftainer Expansion Continues With Saudi The Next Port Of Call: Gulftainer is continuing its rapid expansion by acquiring a 51% stake in Saudi Arabia's Gulf Stevedoring Contracting Company (GSCCO). The company, although not in the same league as its neighbour DP World, has been expanding globally and is benefiting from strong growth year-on-year.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Transportation research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- United Arab Emirates Freight Transport Report Q4 2013
- United Arab Emirates Autos Report Q3 2013
- United Arab Emirates Water Report Q4 2013
- United Arab Emirates Defence & Security Report Q4 2013
- United Arab Emirates Commercial Banking Report Q4 2013
- United Arab Emirates Business Forecast Report Q4 2013
- United Arab Emirates Anesthesia and Respiratory Devices Investment Opportunities, Analysis and Forecasts to 2018
- United Arab Emirates Cardiovascular Devices Investment Opportunities, Analysis and Forecasts to 2018
- United Arab Emirates Diagnostic Imaging Investment Opportunities, Analysis and Forecasts to 2018
- United Arab Emirates Orthopedic Devices Market Investment Opportunities, Analysis and Forecasts to 2018
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)