New Materials market report from Business Monitor International: "United Arab Emirates Water Report Q1 2015"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/21/2014 -- We have substantially expanded our forecasts this quarter to include a number of new indicators. This data has, in turn, impacted our existing forecasts. Our extraction forecast has been upgraded following the addition of desalinated water production forecasts, a sector where we anticipate strong growth over the coming years. In addition, we have expanded our wastewater forecasts, and have good growth projections for treated wastewater, which will in turn augment the water resources available for consumption, as we anticipate treated wastewater can cater to much of the industrial and agricultural requirements, freeing up freshwater and desalinated water supplies for domestic consumers.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
We expect that desalination will continue to provide the lion's share of the country's water supplies. There are concerns that ground water resources will disappear entirely within the next 50 years. This means that the development of additional desalination facilities is vital for the country.
The reuse of wastewater is also seeing substantial upticks in popularity. Abu Dhabi aims to reuse 100% of its wastewater by 2018. In some areas, this level of efficiency is already in place. Al Ain city, for example, already reuses 100% of recycled water generated within the city. In addition, the increased use of recycled water for irrigation forms part of the country's wider water management plan, which is focused on developing more sustainable irrigation practises.
Asian and European firms are particularly prevalent within the energy and utilities sector, accounting for around 73% of the total market share. Independent Water and Power Projects (IWPPs) have become a major area of opportunity in the GCC, with the UAE offering some of the largest projects.
We believe that the potential abolishment of government water subsidies will have a substantial long term impact on water services charges, which will increase significantly over the longer term if the proposal goes...
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- United Arab Emirates Water Report Q4 2014
- United Arab Emirates Insurance Report Q1 2015
- United Arab Emirates Food & Drink Report Q1 2015
- The Future of the Savory and Deli Foods Market in the United Arab Emirates to 2017
- The Future of the Fragrances Market in the United Arab Emirates to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Savory and Deli Foods Market in the United Arab Emirates to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- Cookies (Sweet Biscuits) Market in the United Arab Emirates: Market Profile to 2017
- Morning Goods Market in the United Arab Emirates: Market Profile to 2017
- Baking Ingredients Market in the United Arab Emirates: Market Profile to 2017
- Bread and Rolls Market in the United Arab Emirates: Market Profile to 2017