Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "United Kingdom Petrochemicals Report Q4 2014", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/27/2014 -- Although leaner following capacity cut-backs, the British petrochemicals industry is witnessing a surge in growth as the domestic market strengthens and external markets recover. The country is well positioned to capitalise on the high level of value added as well as strong integration of the production chain. However, in spite of a deal to import shale gas-derived ethane from the US, the sector will continue to face competitiveness issues over feedstock in the long-run, according to BMI's latest UK Petrochemicals report.
Until recently the petrochemicals industry has been under-performing compared to the rest of the industrial sector. The UK economy will set the pace for growth in Europe this year. H114 saw petrochemicals output growth of 11% year-on-year (y-o-y), suggesting that rapid growth in production was underway. The rebound came after petrochemicals had under-performed compared to the rest of the industrial sector. BMI believes that growth in the petrochemicals industry could exceed 10% in 2014, if output is sustained at H114 levels.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- Growth is being stimulated by higher demand from end-use sectors, such as automotive and construction industries. Industrial growth will reach 2.8%, up from 1.9% in 2013, and is set to remain at or exceed this level in the years ahead. Construction is set to grow 2.3% in 2014, up from 1.8% in 2013. House building has been a big factor in the growth story over 2014, helping to lift consumption of construction-related plastics such as PVC. Meanwhile, BMI maintains a relatively bullish forecast for vehicle production in the UK, particularly compared with output levels in many other European countries. This should increase domestic demand for plastics and rubbers used in the automotive sector, particularly PP, ABS and polyurethanes.
- Potentially large reserves of shale gas could open the way to a long-term supply of ethane to the petrochemicals industry, although the price of this feedstock remains uncertain. While ethane...
The United Kingdom Petrochemicals Report has been researched at source, and features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts for key petrochemicals sub-sectors. The report also analyses the impact of regulatory changes, recent developments and the background macroeconomic outlook and features competitive landscapes comparing companies by products and services, sales, market share, investments, projects, partners and expansion strategies.
BMI's United Kingdom Petrochemicals Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the British petrochemicals industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent petrochemicals industry forecasts to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and planning in the British petrochemicals market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the British petrochemicals sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in United Kingdom.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis, covering petrochemicals markets, regulatory changes, major investments, projects and company developments.
Structure, size and value of the industry sector; overview of the industry landscape and key players; assessment of the business operating environment and the latest regulatory developments.
Business Environment Rankings
BMI's Petrochemicals Business Environment Rankings provide a country-comparative Risk-Reward Rankings index aimed at investors (both corporate and financial) in the regional petrochemicals market.
The rankings methodology makes sophisticated use of over 40 industry, economic and demographic data points and is part of BMI's integrated Country Risk-Industry Rankings products.
Industry Trends & Developments
Evaluation of company and sector-wide developments, including key projects (as well as expansion plans), latest company financial details and proposed international ventures.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Historic data series (2009-2012) and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry and economic indicators supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key risks to the main forecasts. Indicators include:
Energy: Oil production (`000 b/d), oil consumption (`000 b/d), net oil exports (`000 b/d), gas production (bcm), gas consumption (bcm), net gas exports (bcm), oil refinery capacity (`000 b/d).
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Energy research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- United Arab Emirates Petrochemicals Report Q4 2014
- Electric Motor and Generator Market in United Kingdom to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Ukraine Petrochemicals Report Q4 2014
- United States Petrochemicals Report Q4 2014
- United Kingdom Power Report Q4 2014
- Electrical Transformer Market in United Kingdom to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Czech Republic Petrochemicals Report Q4 2014
- Romania Petrochemicals Report Q4 2014
- United Kingdom Business Forecast Report Q4 2014
- Medical Device Market in United Kingdom to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts