New Consumer Goods market report from Business Monitor International: "United States Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2014"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/31/2014 -- The US consumer electronics market is a global leader in terms of market size and adoption of the latest technology - with high penetration rates in most device categories . Despite the maturity of the market BMI believes significant opportunities remain in emerging product categories, as well as the result of a high replacement rate in key categories such as smartphones . Growth areas include large-size HD and UHD TV sets, smartphones, Microsoft Windows 8 tablets and convertibles/hybrids, Ultrabooks, and smart TV sets. However, over the medium term we believe q uestions still remain about the sustainability of consumption in the absence of strong wage growth and the fact that most sales will be upgrades rather than new consumers.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Headline Expenditure Projections
Computer Hardware Sales: USD195.7bn in 2013 to USD203.2bn in 2014, +3.8% in US dollar terms. Tablet growth will slow in 2014, but a boost to desktop and notebook sales from the withdrawal of official Microsoft support for the XP OS in April 2014 has helped to counter.
AV Sales: USD55.4bn in 2013 to USD56.9bn in 2014, +2.7% in US dollar terms. There is evidence that US consumers are willing to pay more for features such as 4k and large-screens; however, with these devices at the premium end short-term impact will be limited.
Handset Sales: USD53.6bn in 2013 to USD55.0bn in 2014, +2.6% in US dollar terms. The introduction of Apple's iPhone 6 and 6-plus in September is expected to provide a boost to sales in the final quarter of 2014.
Key Trends & Developments
- In September 2014 Apple entered a new product line, introducing its first pulse-reading smartwatch device known as 'Apple Watch', alongside the launch of its iPhone 6 range (including Apple's first phablet - the iPhone 6plus). The smartwatch has been designed to perform many functions and provides its user with 'an intelligent health and fitness companion'. As well as measuring pulse rate,...
The United States Consumer Electronics Report has been researched at source and features latest-available data covering both the manufacture and sale of consumer electronics products, critically analysing - and forecasting - the market dynamics affecting each sub-sector, including audio-visual, computers, mobile handsets, gaming and automotives electronics. Furthermore, the report analyses the domestic and global economic trends driving device demand and provides company rankings and competitive landscapes covering leading multinational and national consumer electronics companies and analysis of latest industry news and trends in United States.
Business Monitor International (BMI)'s United States Consumer Electronics Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, business investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the consumer electronics industry in United States.
- Benchmark BMI's independent consumer electronics industry forecasts for United States to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the American consumer electronics market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in United States through our reviews of latest industry trends and major deals, projects and investments.
- Exploit the latest competitive intelligence with company SWOT analyses.
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering consumer electronics, major investments and projects.
Consumer Electronics Market
Analysis of the size of the domestic market for electronics products, with in-depth assessment and data covering the dynamics driving each sub-sector; audio-visual, computers, mobile phone handsets and gaming devices, as well as demand for automotives electronics.
Analysis and data of the domestic electronics manufacturing sector. We assess the regulatory and business operational issues facing manufacturers - including openness to foreign investment, infrastructure, IP issues and the global demand context - and their impact on the production of electronics goods, which is again broken down via market sub-sectors.
Industry Forecast Scenario
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry and economic indicators (see list below), supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key risks to the main forecast, covering computers, communications and gaming devices. Indicators include:
Industry value (US$bn); population (mn); nominal GDP (US$bn); real GDP growth (%), GDP per capita, industrial production Index (% y-o-y ave.) unemployment % of labour force.
Business Environment Rankings
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- United Arab Emirates Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2014
- Consumer Electronics in the United States
- Saudi Arabia Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2014
- Argentina Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2014
- Philippines Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2014
- Taiwan Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2014
- Brazil Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2014
- Mexico Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2014
- Egypt Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2014
- Vietnam Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2014