New Computer Technology market report from Business Monitor International: "United States Information Technology Report Q4 2014"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/24/2014 -- The outlook for US IT spending remains strong when compared to the majority of developed markets over the medium term, as a result of stronger economic performance and a greater interest from enterprises in the latest products and solutions. Cloud computing, real-time enterprise software, security and big data are all areas of spending in which we expect to see strong growth, particularly in the latter years of our forecast. the retail hardware outlook is more mixed, as we expect continued demand growth for tablets in the retail market; however, desktop and notebook sales continue to be squeezed.. Total spending is expected to reach USD665 bn in 201 4, up 5. 3 % from 201 3, and grow at a CAGR of 4.4 % 2014- 201 8.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Computer Hardware Sales: USD217bn in 2013 to USD225bn in 2014, an increase of 3.8%. Booming tablet sales are driving growth, but there is a oost to desktop sales in 2014 due to the withdrawal of official support for XP in April 2014, pushing upgrades.
- Software Sales: USD173bn in 2013 to USD184bn in 2014, an increase of 6.2%. Emerging technologies such as machine-to-machine and big data are being adopted by enterprises, while demand for cyber security solutions is also an area of growth.
- IT Services Sales: USD242bn in 2013 to USD257bn in 2014, an increase of 6.4%. Cloud computing adoption is already high in the US but we expect strong growth to continue over the medium term despite security concerns following on from the NAS Prism debacle.
Key Trends & Developments
In 2014 IBM reaffirmed its commitment to a strategy that will see it focus on higher value software and services. In January 2014 IBM agreed the sale of its x86 server business to Chinese PC vendor Lenovo for USD2.3bn. The deal includes System x, BladeCenter and Flex System blade servers and switches, x86-based Flex integrated systems, NeXtScale and iDataPlex servers and associated software,...
The United States Information Technology Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts covering personal computers and software; semi-conductors, memory chips, integrated circuits and general components; the internet and IT solutions. It analyses analyses regulatory changes (licensing, customs and intellectual property protection) and competitive landscapes comparing IT companies by products, sales, market share, investments, projects and expansion strategies.
BMI's United States Information Technology Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, IT associations, government departments and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the IT industry in United States.
- Benchmark BMI's independent IT Industry forecasts for United States to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and strategic business planning in the American IT market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in United States's IT sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes, and major deals, projects and investments in United States.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering IT, regulatory changes, major investments and projects and significant national and multinational company developments.
Cross-border analysis of regional markets, commenting on IT penetration (PC and internet) and market growth drivers (IT market size and IT market compound growth).
Country Market Overview
Structure, size and value of the industry sectors including hardware, software and services; overview of the industry landscape and key players; assessment of the business operating environment and the latest regulatory developments and government authority.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below), supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
IT Sector: IT industry value (US$bn); IT sector contribution to GDP (%); value of hardware, software and services industry (US$mn); PC, peripherals and software imports and exports (US$mn); PC, peripherals and software sales (US$mn); number of PCs (`000); PCs/100 inhabitants; internet users (`000); internet users per 100 inhabitants; broadband subscribers (`000); broadband subscribers per 100 inhabitants.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Computer Technology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- United Kingdom Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- United Arab Emirates Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Indonesia Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- China Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Czech Republic Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Mexico Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Kuwait Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Venezuela Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Israel Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Colombia Information Technology Report Q4 2014