New Fixed Networks research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/29/2014 -- The mobile market has become the focus of att ention once again after France-b ased Iliad launched a USD15 bn unsolicited offer for 57% of fourth-ran ked T-Mobile US . The offer pre-empted an equally audacious offer reportedly prepared by Softbank -backed Sprint . Although T-Mobile rejected Iliad's offer, it was made clear that a superior financial offer would be considered. The fate of T-Mobile US seems likely to be sealed by the end of 2014. We believe Iliad would accentuate T-Mob ile's market-disru ptive 'uncarrier' strategy to bring greater pressure to bear on the market leaders. However, AT&T and Verizon would be able to leverage their wireline businesses to deploy converged services products and target higher value customers. Iliad would struggle to make headway in the low-value prepaid services market, but there certainly seems to be modest demand for such services.
- BMI forecasts a mobile subscription base of 343.0mn by 2014, up by 2.2% y-o-y, despite negative growth in Q114. The maturity of the market counts against steady upward growth and operators will increasingly cannibalise existing business by migrating customers to higher value plans, including 4G-based subscriptions. The market will support 361.9mn subscriptions by 2018.
- The broadband market will serve 164.9mn subscriptions by the end of 2014, a y-o-y increase of 12.0%. The increased take-up of on-demand streamed video services such as those provided by Netflix, HBO and the traditional pay-TV operators will continue driving demand for high-speed accesses. By 2018, there will be 209.3mn broadband subscriptions.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Trends & Developments
In late-May 2014, AT&T announced that it had agreed to acquire DirecTV for a consideration of USD48.5bn. The acquisition of DirecTV will strengthen AT&T's TV offering in the US, adding more than 20.2mn new subscribers to latter's 5.7mn U-verse TV subscribers. AT&T will shell out USD95 per share for...
The United States Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of United States's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's United States Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in United States.
- Benchmark BMI's independent telecoms industry forecasts for United States to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the American telecoms market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in United States's telecoms sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in United States.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts and views, covering the ICT, fixed-line, mobile (including 3G), internet and broadband markets.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the wireline and wireless sectors and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
Business Environment Rankings
BMI's Telecommunications Business Environment Rankings provides a country-comparative Risk-Reward Rankings index aimed at investors (vendors, operators and suppliers) in the regional telecoms market.
The rankings methodology makes sophisticated use of more than 40 industry, economic and demographic data points.
BMI Industry Forecast Scenario
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast.
- Fixed-Line Telephony - Telephone lines ('000); telephone lines/100 inhabitants.
- Cellular Telephony - Mobile phone subscribers ('000); mobile phone subscribers/100 inhabitants; mobile phone subscribers/100 fixed line subscribers.
- Internet Markets - Internet users ('000); internet users/100 inhabitants; broadband internet subscribers ('000); broadband internet subscribers/100 inhabitants.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- United States Insurance Report Q4 2014
- United States Business Forecast Report Q4 2014
- United States Peripheral Vascular Devices Market Outlook to 2020
- United States Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- United States Mining Report Q4 2014
- Medical Device Market in United States to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- United States Tourism Report Q4 2014
- United States Cellular Corporation - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report
- Construction and Mining Machinery Market in United States to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- United States Steel Corporation - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report